2016 Leaf S factory stereo swap into a 2015 Leaf S? Easy?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

findbrian

Wondering if a factory stereo from a 2016 Leaf S (which does not have the AUX jack on the head unit itself) could easily swap into a 2015 Leaf S with the factory stereo (which does have the AUX jack right on the face of the stereo). I don't mind the factory stereos in the S models (to 2017, of course), and I may swap the entire thing out for a CarPlay unit. But, I'd like to keep the factory look, not lose the backup cam without a hassle, not have to swap out the 2ohm factory speakers if I change to an aftermarket head unit. It looks like the 2016 S has the AUX jack down on the panel where the USB and seat heater switches are. And one more question: does the factory 2016 Leaf S stereo do Bluetooth streaming, not just Bluetooth phone calling?

There is a thread of someone doing something like this.

The problem is the 2015 units have a bluetooth controller in the trunk. It's stupid and in order to get all the buttons to work with an aftermarket (or 2016 version) speaker you need to remove it and jump some wires together.

If you are going through all the effort to do that, might as well just go with a new head unit that will have nicer features like android auto or apple carplay. You can cut down on the "hassle" by just buying pre-made wiring harnesses from a place like autoharnesshouse

Back