SiriusXM refreshes every time I turn on radio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatlarryguy

Not sure if this needs to be here or over in the troubleshooting forum but it is about music :)

For the last 4 days, as soon as I get in the car and pull out of the garage the radio tells me that my subscription has been updated, press OK. Actually, my subscription has been erased. I can do the automated refresh and it comes back. Sometimes without audio, sometimes with. I have spend many minutes on the phone with SiriusXM support people and they get it working, Sometimes I have to turn off the car and open the door. They even had me get out of the car this morning. I guess they don't trust me to not play with the buttons. This is all fine and good until I shut off the car and then the cycle starts all over again.

One of the agents started to blame the radio itself after telling me that since it took the refresh everything was good :evil: . I am currently waiting on a callback from the next level of support but I am not holding my breath. I plan on reaching out to the dealer to see if they have heard of anything like this. I'm not exactly keen on replacing the radio based on their finger pointing.

My guess is that as soon as the radio powers up and gets a signal it verifies the subscription and it is failing for some reason. SiriusXm won't confirm my suspicion. Anybody seen or heard of this issue?

There are two power sources for the radio--the main source is switched on and off when the car is turned on and off. The backup source should be on all the time and keeps presets, programming, and other settings from being lost. I suggest that you check for a blown fuse or wiring problem in the backup source circuit because it sounds like the radio is resetting itself when you turn the car on.

Thanks for the replies.

Since everything appears to be tied together, wouldn't I also be losing my radio presets as well as my charging and climate timers if the memory power is being interrupted? Everything else is still functioning. I don't remember losing the satellite info when I changed the battery last year. I know I didn't have to get a refresh signal sent. The car actually sat overnight without a 12V battery because the parts store had to order it. (I live in the sticks)

I took the car to the dealership yesterday and they determined that there was an internal failure to audio unit.

Replacement price is $2942. That's not happening so I guess I'm shopping for alternative solutions.

Back