How do I find the MAC address for my Leaf's Wi-Fi?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mth609

Hey everyone,

Just got a new LEAF and loving it so far, but got a bit of a problem: in order to download software updates, map updates, etc I need to connect the car to my home ISP. If you need to connect a device that doesn't have a browser, they require you to get the MAC address of the device you want to connect, and add it to your account. Problem is, I can't find it anywhere and NissanConnect customer service has no idea either. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Well, I did figure out way to get the MAC address, but it was kinda convoluted.

I have a wireless access point in my apartment, but it's out of range in the garage. I drove around the back of my building, connected to that access point, and grabbed the MAC from the WAP's admin app, even though it couldn't maintain the connection. I then entered the MAC into my ISP's web portal so it could connect.

Since this method required a third-party access point, there definitely should be a better way to get the MAC address, so if anyone knows a better way I think it would be good to share it here.

If you have an Android phone, there's an app named "Ping & Net" that has a "Network Information" option, which will provide the MAC address (among other things).

In theory, you could enable your phone's hotspot, connect the LEAF to the hotspot, then use Ping & Net to obtain the MAC address. Haven't tried that though, as my 2013 LEAF doesn't have a Wifi adapter.

Back