Using audio with iPhone 6 in my 2012 is really pushing my buttons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brocell

Hello all,
I recently bought a used 2012 (no nav) and like the car very much - except for the iPhone connection to the audio system. I have an iPhone 6 and the bluetooth connections only enables pure phone features - no music at all.
When I plug in the USB it immediately acts as an iPod and starts playing the first song it can find - which is the Apple gifted U2 album... It does this *every* time I plug it in.
The audio system never remembers what app I was using last or even that I was listening to FM. But the real pesky issue is that when I am switching to another app on the phone (podcasts, streaming radio, pandora) the audio system gets confused and stops the audio. I have to go thru the ordeal and select FM, then USB (which starts U2), then start the playback on the app. But As soon as I switch to another stream in the app there is silence again. And all that while driving...
Why is it not possible to play audio via bluetooth?
Is there a software update that can be done at the dealer or anything else?
Thanks

Brocell said:
Hello all,
I recently bought a used 2012 (no nav) and like the car very much - except for the iPhone connection to the audio system. I have an iPhone 6 and the bluetooth connections only enables pure phone features - no music at all.e a software update that can be done at the dealer or anything else?
How is this possible? Are in you in the US?

'11 and '12 Leafs for the US market ALL came with nav and AFAIK, supported A2DP music streaming. The S trim '13 had no nav and also no A2DP music streaming, only BT phone call support.

I use Bluetooth audio/music streaming w/my '13 Leaf SV (both current and former) almost every day I drive it. Has always been paired with iPhones. I use it mainly to listen to podcasts (now mainly via Overcast), NPR News app, Spotify and Pandora (a little).

IIRC, the phonebook got d/l'ed onto the head unit on my leased one and I forget to clear it and my nav history before turning it in. :shock: :(

cwerdna said:
I use Bluetooth audio/music streaming w/my '13 Leaf SV (both current and former) almost every day I drive it. Has always been paired with iPhones.

Yep...except I do it with a 2011.

Back