AAWireless tester needed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borconi

Hi all.

I'm the owner of the: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless project, we are currently building a small plug in device which will allow wireless Android Auto connection.

I'm reaching out because I need a bit of help.

From all the cars which we tested there is on Nissan Leaf which simply does not want to work. We did tried EU version of Nissan Leaf's and those worked fine, however we do have a tester with US model and there we simply can't get it to wok. Currently we are not sure if this is a general issue with US models of Nissan Leaf or a particular / singular issue with our tester's car/board.

I'm looking for someone with a US Leaf (2nd generation) who has good technical skills and who is willing to help us troubleshoot this problem.

Your help is appreciated.

Seems that wireless Android Auto is not a priority for US Leafers :) I can confirm that AAWireless works on an early 2019 European ZE1, old infotainment system. I just had to activate the Passthrough option to get it working.

Brandy

Hi,

best i can offer is help for the european Leaf 2018 40kwh. My AAWireless works good in pass-through mode.
The Leaf infotainment system is sadly a terrible out-of-time kind of ancient computer history museum thing.
The manufacturer for my leaf seems to be Clarion (They switched to another hardware later, i guess).

Sometimes, the Infotainment system is disconnecting AAWireless.
Sometimes, the whole Infotainment system reboots.
Sometimes, audio has weird hops and stops when using Spotify or Audible.
But: this also happens, when the phone is directly connected via USB, so i assume, there is no AAWireless issue. Maybe this prehistoric clarion-hardware is simply not capable of handling the AA data stream.

Let me know, if you are interested in debug logs.

Regards,
Dieter

Hi, I just found this old thread. I actually own a aawireless unit and use it in a US version of Leaf 2018. Worked fine until last week (this is how I found this post). I think the issue started shortly after the latest upgrade. I actually have 2 of these units and both work in my Subaru just fine. I also tried with different phones. I reached out to tech support and have a car open also. Happy to participate in any testing that can help folks. Thanks.

Back