EV NAVI map updates

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmelons

I've just paid £175 to update the maps in my 2015 LEAF Acenta. The map is EV NAVI Mid Europe - V5. The original version was 2014-15. The version I received yesterday was 2018-19. I asked Nissan if this was the latest version and they said it was, but a new one is expected by the end of the year.
Do Nissan provide any free updates or do they expect £175 every year?

I've never heard of anyone getting a free map upgrade from Nissan. I doubt if there are so many changes to the map from year to year that paying for an upgrade every year seems like a waste of money.

To be honest I think £175 for an SD card was extortionate and I wouldn't do it again. The Nissan Navigation web site (https://nissan.navigation.com) states that

'If you haven't updated your vehicle's map in the past year or more, then it is time to do so. Map updates are typically released on an annual basis'.

I was therefore disappoint to receive what is in effect a 2 year old map and I haven't so far noticed any improvement over my 2014-15 map. I think they could at least have advised me to wait a month until the next version comes out - or are they hoping I'll pay another £175 in December :roll:

FWIW, I updated the Nav system in my (old) Leaf (once) about a year ago because Nissan stopped updates for the Gen 1 Leaf in 2018. I figured it was now or never, and I did get some benefit...but we were talking about ~8 year old maps.

redmelons said:
Do Nissan provide any free updates or do they expect £175 every year?
They'd prefer you pay £175 every year.

redmelons said:
and I haven't so far noticed any improvement over my 2014-15 map.
It's not a worthwhile update for the exorbitant cost. Just use your phone's map app.

Back