Nav system: changing the red freeway color?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 1464

I really enjoy the XM traffic info on the Nav system - as someone has correctly described, "it shows the speed of freeway traffic by laying lines along each side the highway you're driving that are either red, amber, or green, depending on the traffic flow". If you zoom out, it's as good as Google maps, and in the Bay Area it's very useful between the Peninsula and San Francisco - w/ options around 101, 380, and 280.

The one thing that bugs me is that the freeway color is red; many times the traffic is green, but the red highways cause confusion. At night, the highways turn black, so it's much more user friendly.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the freeway color to something other than red? I looked in the manual and searched this site, but didn't find anything.

As Mogur suggested in another thread, you can change the daytime map display to show the black background. The brightness can be adjusted as needed. It is much easier to read that way. Use the Menu button and search around the Display windows to find where to select it. Sorry I can't give precise location now. My memory is not working.
Here is the link to his post: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2598&p=108311#p108311

Back