Spotify

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alternative

Does anyone else use Spotify to play their music in the Leaf?

My Nexus S Android phone will play Spotify music, if previously selected on the phone and the track advance button on the steering wheel works perfectly.
Unfortunately, no track information appears on the Leaf display. This is when connected via Bluetooth.

If I plug the phone into the USB port and press the USB Storage button on the phone, the locally stored MP3 music will play with all track info, but not Spotify tracks.

My son in law's iPhone 3GS will display all local MP3 track info when plugged into USB socket, but not Spotify track info. If connected via Bluetooth, locally stored MP3 tracks will play and display currently playing track information too.

I am wondering if anyone has found a way of getting track information from Spotify to display on the Leaf? iPhone 4S maybe? If this could be done over Bluetooth, I would be very happy!

The USB connection doesn't use the phone's player software at all -- the Leaf goes over USB Mass Storage or other protocols to retreive and index the music itself, then play it.

The Bluetooth connection is A2DP/AVRCP, so it's up to the phone what it does for file decode, control and display.

I never get any song information from any player via Android BlueTooth. I'd love to find a way to do this, since it's possible in iOS 5.
Not sure what it's doing differently, or if Spotify normally sends this at all.

GroundLoop said:
The USB connection doesn't use the phone's player software at all -- the Leaf goes over USB Mass Storage or other protocols to retreive and index the music itself, then play it.

The Bluetooth connection is A2DP/AVRCP, so it's up to the phone what it does for file decode, control and display.

I never get any song information from any player via Android BlueTooth. I'd love to find a way to do this, since it's possible in iOS 5.
Not sure what it's doing differently, or if Spotify normally sends this at all.

Maybe the coming Android update, Ice Cream Sandwich, will do what is needed with the Bluetooth?

Just want to note that the latest update to Spotify on iOS now displays track information on the Nav screen!

br14n22 said:
Just want to note that the latest update to Spotify on iOS now displays track information on the Nav screen!

is that via bluetooth, or when plugged into usb?

edit: oh, i see from another thread that it's a change to the iOS5 bluetooth API.

astrorob said:
br14n22 said:

is that via bluetooth, or when plugged into usb?

edit: oh, i see from another thread that it's a change to the iOS5 bluetooth API.
Tracks playing in Itunes and Pandora will display the track information currently under iOS5. I hope slacker will add feature too.

Alternative said:
Does anyone else use Spotify to play their music in the Leaf?

My Nexus S Android phone will play Spotify music, if previously selected on the phone and the track advance button on the steering wheel works perfectly.
Unfortunately, no track information appears on the Leaf display. This is when connected via Bluetooth.

If I plug the phone into the USB port and press the USB Storage button on the phone, the locally stored MP3 music will play with all track info, but not Spotify tracks.

My son in law's iPhone 3GS will display all local MP3 track info when plugged into USB socket, but not Spotify track info. If connected via Bluetooth, locally stored MP3 tracks will play and display currently playing track information too.

I am wondering if anyone has found a way of getting track information from Spotify to display on the Leaf? iPhone 4S maybe? If this could be done over Bluetooth, I would be very happy!
The problem might be solved if Spotify implements the following idea ticket from their forum. Please vote (give kudos) to this idea and maybe they will do it! :idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spo...Info-via-Bluetooth-A2DP-AVRCP-1-3/idi-p/39135

Hi, New to the forum. Reviving an older thread. I have the Nissan Leaf S. Is there a way to play music from spotify from my iphone 4 through bluetooth? I have it connected correctly I beleive as I am able to use for phone calls and google maps. Thanks!

leasednissanleaf said:
Hi, New to the forum. Reviving an older thread. I have the Nissan Leaf S. Is there a way to play music from spotify from my iphone 4 through bluetooth? I have it connected correctly I beleive as I am able to use for phone calls and google maps. Thanks!

additional info that may help is that I have the base S with no QC. Thanks

Tried to play Spotify from iPhone X to 2017 Leaf SV via Bluetooth. It plays for a moment, then Airplay takes over and plays. The Nav screen also stays locked on whatever Airplay is dishing out. Turning off airplay to MyLeaf in iPhone Media Control Panel cuts everything.

Any help is appreciated!

Back