Samsung Transform Doesn't See My-Car to pair

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmieJo

I had no trouble pairing my HTC Evo 3D with our Leaf but my husband's Samsung Transform doesn't see the car. It does see his headset so I know the bluetooth on it is working. You know if I call support Samsung is going to say it is a Leaf problem and Nissan will say it is a Samsung problem so I'm hoping that someone here can help. Any suggestions?

CarmieJo said:
I had no trouble pairing my HTC Evo 3D with our Leaf but my husband's Samsung Transform doesn't see the car. It does see his headset so I know the bluetooth on it is working. You know if I call support Samsung is going to say it is a Leaf problem and Nissan will say it is a Samsung problem so I'm hoping that someone here can help. Any suggestions?

I know this doesn't help, but as a data point I have a Samsung Mythic (not a smart phone) and it pairs with the car, so at least one Samsung model is known to work. What I CAN'T get to work (haven't really sat down and tried to debug) is downloading the handset phonebook so I'm not able to easily dial names from it using the voice commands.

It could be the OS since it is only 2.1
I don't have that phone, I have a Motorola Photon and I had no problem pairing with my car (OS 2.3).

The Samsung Transform is on the list of approved phones:

http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/results.html?vehicle=LEAF&year=2012&equip=EVIT&mfg=manufacturer_20&x=38&y=4&status=FCP#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm in the market to buy a new phone as mine is on the "unapproved" list. Let us know if you figure it out.

You might have to disable the headset bluetooth connection before trying to pair with another device (the LEAF).

Does one put the phone is "discoverable" mode, and let the car discover and pair with the phone?

Or, the other way around (I forget)?

I tried deleting the old head set, updating the PRL and profile (software and firmware are UTD), and restarting the phone with nothing else running as basic troubleshooting steps. :? I could do a hard reset but only as the last resort. Any other troubleshooting things you can think of?

Back