help me get the dogs and cats out my Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinwing

no kidding...I was screwing around one of the sub menus where any time you drive to a place you have charged the leaf you could add the sound of dogs barking or cats meowing...I think this is part of the auto input of location of a charge.The problem is every time I drive up to the house there is a hideous cat meowing...its driving me nuts and I cant find the menu where I foolishly added this feature...HELP...sinc kpc

This is from memory, so it may not be right, but I THINK it's menu --> settings --> address book --> stored locations. You can then edit the sound setting.

WOW, I was just about to post that I was loosing my mind :twisted: and then I searched "cat" and found this string :!:

No kidding my Leaf just started this cat meowing last Friday when I drive by a particular house about .5 miles away :!: Just a bit ago, I drove by that house 5 times and it only does it when I am driving towards my house, not away from it. So it seems my Leaf set itself :!: :!:

Is that even possible :?: :?:

I set the cat sound just for fun at our recent LEAF meetup. I thought I'd have some fun with the family. The joke was on me when I turned the corner to our street and the thing yowled loudly at me. Wife and I thought I'd run over a cat. The volume happened to be pretty high and it really startled me. She threatened to get out of the car and made me promise to disable it. Pretty funny.

BTW you CAN set it to only sound if you approach from a single direction.

skippycoyote, too funny! :lol: I'll have to mess with my house-sitter while I'm on vacation in August :twisted: : "Be sure to take the car out for a drive and stop in @ Walgreens for a charge..." ...woof woof! meow meow!

I had a real kitten under my hood. It took 3 firemen; 2 cops; a judge's secretary; and a lawyer (not me) to coax it out.
kittenrescuefromLeaf3.jpg

This was in my office garage. I don't know if the kitten crawled in there after I got to work or rode from my neighborhood in the small tray in the left front of the "engine" compartment.
kittenrescuefromLeaf2.jpg

Nothing like a phone call that said "Mr. Wasson; this is Marti, Judge Rothenberg's Judicial Assistant. I am in your garage and there is a cat meowing from under the hood of your car."
kittenrescuefromLeaf.jpg

My critter, a packrat:

I noticed a critter was trapped in my garage and had chewed up the garage door gasket trying to get out. When I set a trap it turned out to be a young packrat, perhaps six inches long not counting the long furry tail (adults are about twice as big). As best I can figure, it got into the garage in the LEAF after I had parked the car outside for much of an evening to take advantage of a free carwash from the sky (I live on a dirt road and lots of dust on cars is a fact of life). I guess nighttime parking outside isn't a good idea...

Another benefit of the Leaf or and EVs in general . . . . . no hot exhaust pipes or manifolds to burn critters like ICE's can and have done before. :)

Back