Nav system adding charge stations for no reason.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheezmo

I've had this happen a coup,e of times now.

Set a navigation route with a couple of waypoints.

Go to a waypoint and leave the car for a bit. Shopping or a haircut would be good...

Get back in that car, turn it on and the nav system pops up and says it has added a new charging station. I didn't charge there or anything.

Anyone else seen this? All I can guess is that sitting there, the battery warmed up a bit so that the charge appeared marginally higher when I started off again?

Anyone else seen this? Any other theories?

You can turn that feature off.

Edit: you didn't even charge! Yes, it's happened to me a couple times. Once at Turtle, and the few other times I don't remember any particular parameters. I just went through last night and erased the phantoms.

Anyway, if you turn off autosave after charging, I doubt it will do it.

It only seems to happen to me with waypoints (or possibly destinations) where I stop for less than an hour. Silly glitch, but I'll find the "feature" and turn it off. Thanks!

I don't see this as a problem. Why would you want to delete a charging station? I want the database to be as complete and current as possible.

Perhaps you mean it is marking locations as charging stations that are NOT actually such?

Metalman said:
I think this is what happened to me today. How do I delete a charging station? :)

I was not charging the car and was probably 50 miles from the nearest station. I parked the car for 5 minutes or so and when I restarted it the Nav was marking the spot as a charging station. I don't know how it happened or how to remove it. :)

A similar thing happened to me the other day. The circumstances were a bit different (and explainable). I'll mention it here for general information, and in case this might help explain the behavior.

In my case the sequence was as follows:

1) Stop at a new charging station that was not on my NAV map. Start charging.
2) Turn the car to ON mode so I could check on the # of bars/miles gained.
3) Unplug the car and go from ON to READY to drive to my destination (about 1.5 miles away) where there is no charging station.
4) Turn the car off and go inside for about an hour.
5) Turn the car back on (READY) to go home.
6) At this point the car added the new charging station at the current location (with no charging station). It did not add it at the actual location where I charged.

I conclude that the software is written to add a charging station at the current location, after a charge occurs, when going from OFF to READY.

hmmm?? ok, i am missing something here i guess

i see that message all the time and assumed Carwings was updating its database.

it only goes to 100 stations and i have only personally used less than 20 of them (i have used more but they are too far away to be listed. my radius which used to be about 60-70 miles is now down to about 40)

so, you are saying the updated station was the exact location you parked at? now, that i have not seen

DaveinOlyWA said:
... so, you are saying the updated station was the exact location you parked at? now, that i have not seen
Two different things. Yes, the system updates public charging locations from Nissan on a regular basis. You can also turn on a feature that registers locations YOU charge at.

davewill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
... so, you are saying the updated station was the exact location you parked at? now, that i have not seen
Two different things. Yes, the system updates public charging locations from Nissan on a regular basis. You can also turn on a feature that registers locations YOU charge at.

right got all that, but the OP states he did not charge.

DaveinOlyWA said:
davewill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
right got all that, but the OP states he did not charge.
My understanding is that the second feature is triggering but at places he didn't charge.

They get added to your Stored Locations list. Just delete them there like you would any other saved address.

Metalman said:
Nobody knows of a way to delete a charging station from the Nav? How about a way to clear them all? :)

I think the glitch, as a previous poster noted is that it creates the new charging station POI when you next turn the car from off to on after charging.

If you are in the car with it on while it is charging and don't actually turn it completely off, it will add the point the next time you get in your car and turn it on.

This happened to me again last night. I was charging at a Blink station, in the car with it cooling. I disconnected, held down the brake and turn on which did not create the new POI.

I then drove to my next stop where I turned off the car and went to a show.

After the show, I turned on the car and it created a new charging station there.

Back