I cannot completely mute the NAV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafydragon

Hi all,
In my country, Leaf's are just being introduced, and they only come with Europe NAV system.
I want to completely switch it off, because it is randomly announcing things like "Speed Camera 200m ahead".
Nissan authorized dealer told me to go into "Settings > Volume and Beeps" to mute it, but most of the sliders don't seem to go to zero. (see pic)

iWAm6mizzY4HB.jpg

The spurious announcements are still there, at a lower volume, and it temporarily lowers the volume of music when it randomly kicks in.
Any ideas? Need help! Thanks!

leafydragon said:
Hi all,
In my country, Leaf's are just being introduced, and they only come with Europe NAV system.
I want to completely switch it off, because it is randomly announcing things like "Speed Camera 200m ahead".

There is a separate setting for turning off the speed camera notification completely. It nearly drove me nuts before I found it (we have loads of speed cameras here). I can't remember off the top of my head the path to the setting, but post again if you can't find it and I will check in my car.

Thanks DaveinOlyWA and jkirkebo,

Yes, I would like to disable the NAV as thoroughly as possible.
I have explored the menus and switched OFF everything that seemed remotely relevant.

The few most relevant-sounding items are
- "Guidance Voice"
- "TMC Traffic Announcement""
- "Safety Camera Warning"

... but I am not sure... will wait and see.

Fe15a.jpg

R8Lht.jpg

UPDATE:
After monitoring for 2 days, I have not heard the voice again. So the above settings seem to be sufficient.

A quirk of this integrated NAV-multifunction system, is that the same setting can appear in more than one page.
i.e. if Feature X is relevant to Category A as well as Category B, then X appears under both A and B.

Back