Moving Forward and Reverse in a CD Track, or USB mp3

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumpole

I haven't seen any discussion about this, and I came up empty when I checked the manual.

How in the blazes do you "fast forward" within a CD track, or back up in a track? I have some long CD tracks and I want to skip through them to find the part I want. Even my '98 Saturn, which my Leaf replaced, could skip through a track with little audio snippets of a fraction of a second, so you could tell where you were.

I expect you just need to hold down the corresponding next/previous track button. It should scan instead of jump to the next/previous track. I haven't used a CD in years, let alone in my LEAF, but this is typical for media players of various sorts and I know this does work in the LEAF when controlling my iPod via the LEAF interface.

My apologies if you've already tried this and it actually doesn't work with CDs!

Christopher said:
I expect you just need to hold down the corresponding next/previous track button. It should scan instead of jump to the next/previous track. I haven't used a CD in years, let alone in my LEAF, but this is typical for media players of various sorts and I know this does work in the LEAF when controlling my iPod via the LEAF interface.

My apologies if you've already tried this and it actually doesn't work with CDs!

Yes, you are correct. But only the track buttons on the console work this way. The ones on the steering wheel just go to next and beginning/previous.

With MP3-USB (and bluetooth) you can hold up/down on the steering wheel and the console to go back/forward.
With CDs I think only the console works for some reason. It may also be different depending if you have an MP3 CD or a traditional audio CD, but I haven't used the CD player so much.

Back