2021 Nissan Leaf ZE1. Any one knows how to remove the front Nissan emblem ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can remove anything, The question is will it be a permeant one way hack job and amount of effort to make this custom "de badge" mod.

If you are talking about the grill badge (looking at picture online), typically grill badges are removable, but sometimes manufactures make it VERY difficult or near impossible to do this, without damage for many reasons. Other times they are simple clips and takes less than a minute.

I don't know. If you have access to any Nissan with grill badge (does not have to be a LEAF) look for clips. My 2015 has no grill (except on the very bottom almost hidden. The badge is on the charge door BONDED (glued) on. I like the Badge... It is blue and makes me COOL... (ha ha err read a nerd).

I think muxsan removed his badge since he mentioned the indentation where it fits and replaced the Nissan badge with a custom Muxan badge. Or maybe that was the rear badge?

I removed some of the side and rear badging and those were just held on with a sort of urethane caulk. I cut the badges off with dental floss and then rubbed the urethane off by hand. Or something like that. It's been a while and I can't remember exactly and I never did the front badge, so take it for what it's worth.

The video fills me with one question:

WHY?

Sounds like he'd be happier with a really flatulent-sounding muscle-car. For my part, I take great pride in a vehicle that announces to the entire world that it's 100% electric.

And he never does say much about how to actually remove the front logo. Just how to do a really nasty job of casting a new one (ever hear of lost-wax casting? The mold is one piece of Hydrocal (or some variant thereof), and the process of melting out the pattern (involving, if I remember university-level metal shop from almost 40 years ago, all night in a burnout furnace) leaves the mold pre-heated for an immediate pour (my project was in silicon bronze).

hbquikcomjamesl said:
The video fills me with one question:

WHY?

Sounds like he'd be happier with a really flatulent-sounding muscle-car. For my part, I take great pride in a vehicle that announces to the entire world that it's 100% electric.

And he never does say much about how to actually remove the front logo. Just how to do a really nasty job of casting a new one (ever hear of lost-wax casting? The mold is one piece of Hydrocal (or some variant thereof), and the process of melting out the pattern (involving, if I remember university-level metal shop from almost 40 years ago, all night in a burnout furnace) leaves the mold pre-heated for an immediate pour (my project was in silicon bronze).

I got rid of the "zero emissions" stuff early on because I really am not interested in parking-lot arguments about "Electricity has to come from somewhere". I did like the cleaner look, and the Nissan "hamburger badge" is distinctly awful. I did retain the LEAF lettering but realigned it somewhat. The attachment of the front Nissan badge seems to change from year to year. On 2012 it came off clean. On 2015 it fits in a recess (still with sticky tape). Not sure about 2021; looks like it fits into a piece of the plastic facia molded to accept it, so might look weird removed unless something extra is done.

LEAF up top, relaxed and centered:
STeyDvn.png

Back