Aftermarket & OEM Accessories for 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I named a Suzuki 750 "Water Buffalo" two stroke "Arabella." The bike handled like a 68HP ox cart, but it was fast for the era. Anyway, I lease my Leafs, so having one custom upholstered would not be a wise decision.

LeftieBiker said:
I named a Suzuki 750 "Water Buffalo" two stroke "Arabella." The bike handled like a 68HP ox cart, but it was fast for the era. Anyway, I lease my Leafs, so having one custom upholstered would not be a wise decision.

You named a bike Arabella?!?

Were you, too, referencing the Model A Ford in Nanny and the Professor?

Yes, I suppose having an upholsterer work on a leased vehicle without the lessor's permission "would be bad" (as in "don't cross the streams"). I, on the other hand, prefer to own my vehicles outright ASAP, and to keep them until they're hauled off to the scrap heap (around 2 decades per vehicle). The Camry never developed enough character to rate a name. I hope the Leaf starts to show some character as quickly as Arabella did.

My "flap ajar" warning light and beeper are now in place. Pictures to follow, sometime tomorrow.

I don't remember the exact reason the bike was named Arabella, but it wasn't after that Ford. We also named a Volvo 164 "Radmila." And if you look on Wikipedia for "Honda Civic (third generation)" you will see my red Civic Si, aka "Karma."

330px-Image-Karma%40Reservoir%2702s.jpg

The hitch installer guy did a really good job talking me out of a putting a hitch on my 2019 leaf. He said it's gonna be really low to the ground, and I'll back over something and get stuck. I want it for a bike rack. Anyone want to talk me into it instead?

It sounds like you have to cut a 6"x6" hole in the "fascia", but after you do that does it end up secure? That was my other concern. I heard a horror story of a custom hitch coming off because it wasn't really attached well (not on a leaf in particular).

I've seen no indication of hitches coming off of Leafs, and have also seen no anecdotes about the fascia coming off. My only concern is with having "damage" to a leased car.

andrealommen said:
The hitch installer guy did a really good job talking me out of a putting a hitch on my 2019 leaf. He said it's gonna be really low to the ground, and I'll back over something and get stuck. I want it for a bike rack. Anyone want to talk me into it instead?

It sounds like you have to cut a 6"x6" hole in the "fascia", but after you do that does it end up secure? That was my other concern. I heard a horror story of a custom hitch coming off because it wasn't really attached well (not on a leaf in particular).

I don't know what kind of hitch the guy was going to install but the ones the DIY people here in this forum install (including myself) have no issues. Mine is perfectly level with the clearance better than the vehicle itself as a whole.
uiuYwNX.jpg

There is an outfit in Georgia (the U.S. State, not the Slavic Nation-State) that can supply a "donut" spare for a 2018 Leaf (or presumably nearly anything else that takes a 4 or 5 lug wheel).

See https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32200

I usually buy my auto parts and accessories at 4wheelonline. It depends on the products you need, but you can find a great variety of accessories for your Leaf on the Internet. Make sure that you purchase from credible sellers to avoid being scammed.

Back