Page 14 of 16

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 am
by TorC
TomT wrote:It works great! I had Tor's hardness on my Leaf before I turned it in (I removed it then and gave it to someone else)...
jkline wrote:I just placed an order for the wiring harness mod. I'll keep everybody posted how it works.
I usualle reserve my "hardness" to women,... :-P


There are more tips&tricks on how to install the kit in this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20446

And for those who needs to remove the kit at the end of lease can get a replacement blank cover from their Nissan dealer or online for about $ 15 using partnumber: 68492AX000

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:37 am
by jkline
Got Tor's harness. Works great. Thanks!

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:30 am
by essaunders
Ordered my harness from Tor - Certainly can wait for august for lower cost shipping as I don't expect to need the heat for a while....

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:08 am
by Marktm
I've lived with my 2012 Leaf's "unusual" heater logic for a year and half - in South Texas (never need the actual heater with the great seat and steering htrs). Watching the energy monitor, adjusting controls to minimize the obvious heater draw is quite distracting!! I wonder if others have missed this very informative and useful simple mod(s) - especially for us in the secondary market . I did similar mods on my 1984 Corvette to offset the F/A ratio of the throttle body injectors - a bit simpler then with all discrete components.

Kudos to member BetterLeaf. Appears he/she dropped out of the forum? Anyone know if there is contact information available for this member?

I plan on making the #2 mods - just makes sense for me.

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 pm
by GerryAZ
I used "Method 1" on my 2011 to keep the heater from wasting power. Under moderate temperature conditions, the heater would sometimes draw power when A/C was cooling so I kept the resistor in place all year unless I needed defrost. I would buy Tor's plug and play kit if I still had the 2011. Here is a link to the plug and play thread: http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 46#p434884

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:37 am
by TorC
Marktm wrote:I've lived with my 2012 Leaf's "unusual" heater logic for a year and half - in South Texas (never need the actual heater with the great seat and steering htrs). Watching the energy monitor, adjusting controls to minimize the obvious heater draw is quite distracting!! I wonder if others have missed this very informative and useful simple mod(s) - especially for us in the secondary market . I did similar mods on my 1984 Corvette to offset the F/A ratio of the throttle body injectors - a bit simpler then with all discrete components.

Kudos to member BetterLeaf. Appears he/she dropped out of the forum? Anyone know if there is contact information available for this member?

I plan on making the #2 mods - just makes sense for me.

Betterleaf is just my webshop. If you need to contact me I am available via this forum or the e-mail-adresse on the webshop site.

I have had some problems in my personal life lately so I have not been able to progress as planned, but I will give support via e-mail and phone.

Best regards,


Tor

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 am
by Marktm
TorC wrote:

Betterleaf is just my webshop. If you need to contact me I am available via this forum or the e-mail-adresse on the webshop site.

I will give support via e-mail and phone.

Best regards,


Tor
TorJ;
Can you provide the cable/switch as described on your website?

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 pm
by TorC
Marktm wrote:
TorC wrote:

Betterleaf is just my webshop. If you need to contact me I am available via this forum or the e-mail-adresse on the webshop site.

I will give support via e-mail and phone.

Best regards,


Tor
TorJ;
Can you provide the cable/switch as described on your website?



Sorry for the very late reply,

Are you Jan? If so; I thought I have sent you e-mails, and sent you a harness.
If you are not Jan: Try complete an order on the website, or contact me via the e-mail at the bottom of the page. I am not allowed to write the e-mail or phone on this forum, but all is accessible on the webshop.

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 pm
by TorC
Marktm wrote:I've lived with my 2012 Leaf's "unusual" heater logic for a year and half - in South Texas (never need the actual heater with the great seat and steering htrs). Watching the energy monitor, adjusting controls to minimize the obvious heater draw is quite distracting!! I wonder if others have missed this very informative and useful simple mod(s) - especially for us in the secondary market . I did similar mods on my 1984 Corvette to offset the F/A ratio of the throttle body injectors - a bit simpler then with all discrete components.

Kudos to member BetterLeaf. Appears he/she dropped out of the forum? Anyone know if there is contact information available for this member?

I plan on making the #2 mods - just makes sense for me.



I am still here, but have been absent for a while. Harnesses have been shipped out despite my lack of responses on the forum.


I few good news: I am FINALLY getting ready to get the ad-on ready. It has been a pain, and 6 months delay. Even though the actual end result is easy it has been a difficult. The kit will not be perfect, but due to cost it is not possible to get the perfect kit. Within a few weeks I will upload a "installation video" on my Leafmanleaf youtube channel. And a few weeks after the I will open for preorder on my betterleaf webshop.

Price for the add-on will be about 10 USD + shipping.

Re: Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 am
by Marktm
TorC;

Got your response - thanks for your support to us that are "heater impaired"! :lol: