tuanies
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2014
Location: Graham, WA
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Red Taillight Film Installed

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Just got the tail lights covered with red film/tint. I'm not a big fan of chrome or taillights so I had this done to my wife's car. Next up is debadging, window tint and vinyl wrap on the door handles.

ImageP1110056 by tuanies, on Flickr

TimLee
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:25 am

tuanies wrote:Just got the tail lights covered with red film/tint. I'm not a big fan of chrome or taillights so I had this done to my wife's car. Next up is debadging, window tint and vinyl wrap on the door handles.
...
If those bother you, doesn't the obnoxious advertising license plate holder bother you :?:

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

mbender
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 Aug 2014
Leaf Number: 309606
Location: The Great California Delta, and environs

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:37 am

TimLee wrote:If those bother you, doesn't the obnoxious advertising license plate holder bother you :?:
OMG, my exact same question. What an eye-sore, :shock: .
I think I just felt my paradigm shift.

2012 SL (One of the colors): 2-year lease, 2012+,
2015 S w/QC (A different color): 3-year lease, 2014+,
2017 SV (Same color as 2015 S): 3-year lease, 2017+, lower monthly than either above(!)

tuanies
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2014
Location: Graham, WA
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:31 am

Lol it doesn't really bother me. I'll take it off eventually.

mbender
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 Aug 2014
Leaf Number: 309606
Location: The Great California Delta, and environs

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:58 am

Join/contribute here and you get a "free" mnl frame! Or at least you used to...
I think I just felt my paradigm shift.

2012 SL (One of the colors): 2-year lease, 2012+,
2015 S w/QC (A different color): 3-year lease, 2014+,
2017 SV (Same color as 2015 S): 3-year lease, 2017+, lower monthly than either above(!)

TimLee
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:05 am

tuanies wrote:Lol it doesn't really bother me. I'll take it off eventually.
At least it is removeable :D
Not like the obnoxious hard to remove paint damaging decals that way too many dealers stick on every vehicle the minute it comes off the truck.

But the holes in the front bumper of my Altima still irritate me. Put there by the dealer to mount their advertising front plate holder, in a state that doesn't require front license plate :!: :shock:

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

TimLee
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:07 am

mbender wrote:Join/contribute here and you get a "free" mnl frame! Or at least you used to...
I have paid twice and I am on automated renewal and have not received or been offered MNL license plate holder.
Did you have to request it :?:

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

tuanies
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2014
Location: Graham, WA
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 am

TimLee wrote:
tuanies wrote:Lol it doesn't really bother me. I'll take it off eventually.
At least it is removeable :D
Not like the obnoxious hard to remove paint damaging decals that way too many dealers stick on every vehicle the minute it comes off the truck.

But the holes in the front bumper of my Altima still irritate me. Put there by the dealer to mount their advertising front plate holder, in a state that doesn't require front license plate :!: :shock:
Yea those bug the hell out of me. They'd have to pay me to put one of those on my cars.

User avatar
DNAinaGoodWay
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156
Location: Central Massachusetts

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 am

TimLee wrote:
mbender wrote:Join/contribute here and you get a "free" mnl frame! Or at least you used to...
I have paid twice and I am on automated renewal and have not received or been offered MNL license plate holder.
Did you have to request it :?:
Used to come with gold level, but I think they ran out. I never got one either.
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 Ahr

'17 Bolt LT



6.72 kW Array

User avatar
UBUYGAS
Gold Member
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190
Location: Central NJ
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL

Re: Red Taillight Film Installed

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 am

I have two of them and I'll never use them. I have my solid Brass Chrome plated ones on mine:

Image
For a list of aftermarket Nissan LEAF battery installers click the URL below: (If you are or know another that is not on my list please let me know so I can add them. Thanks!)

http://NissanLEAFbatteryReplacement.com

Return to “Accessories / Mods”