Any experience with AutoPI?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvysny

Good day, I have owned a Leaf for a year or so, but I never plugged anything into the OBD connector :) Since I own the 2014 S, I don't have access to the NissanConnect service and I can't see e.g. the current charge level when I leave car charging someplace. However, I've discovered the AutoPi service at https://www.autopi.io which looks like it could do the trick, and is extensible enough to program customized Leaf CAN codes.

However, I've heard scary stories of people buying OBD adapters and short-circuiting/breaking/creating random electrical issues with their cars. Therefore I'd like to ask if you guys have any experience plugging AutoPi into your Leaf? Thanks!

Hi,
I just bought a AutoPi few days back 4G LTE Edition, but it seems like im still figuring out a way to sniff the can bus. If anyone has done something already, request to please share in the community Library of Autopi, or respond here.

Back