Splash Guard Installation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAM

I purchased the splash guards thinking I would install them myself. After reading the directions (available online only) I'm thinking it would be best to take it to the dealer. I think the wheels would need to be taken off in order to install them, but I could be wrong. Has anyone installed them themselves? Anyone had the dealer do it? Cost to install? Thanks for the help!

WAM said:
I purchased the splash guards thinking I would install them myself. After reading the directions (available online only) I'm thinking it would be best to take it to the dealer. I think the wheels would need to be taken off in order to install them, but I could be wrong. Has anyone installed them themselves? Anyone had the dealer do it? Cost to install? Thanks for the help!

Why use the dealer, it takes under half an hour and the wheels do not need to come off

The front ones are fitted in about 5 mins flat as they just screw on

The rear ones, you remove 2 screws on each side, gently pull the bumper cover sideways, this allows you access to drill the holes, if you look carefully, there are markings (+) under the paint, where you need to drill, so you cant get it wrong.

Then push the bumper cover back into its clips, refit the screws and job done...

Back