mxp
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Leaf suspension options

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 pm

awiegel wrote:Somebody modified a Leaf for a run up Pike's Peak. From the photos, the car looks lowered, and the article mentioned suspension modification. The car also has some nice wheels holding sticky tires. Does anyone have any idea who prep'd that car?

Yeah, this car has a nice setup. If anyone on the forum can get in contact with the Pike Peak Leaf team, it would be awesome.

The car has very nice set of wheels/tires combo that "fills" out the wheel well nicely. Look at it, NO GAPS! I bet it handles as well as it looks in this picture!

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 am

mxp wrote:The car has very nice set of wheels/tires combo that "fills" out the wheel well nicely. Look at it, NO GAPS! I bet it handles as well as it looks in this picture!
Keep in mind that the car is turning left in the picture so the car is loaded on the visible side. Have a look at some of the other pics of the car from the other side and it looks like a 4x4.

See pics here: http://nissannews.com/pressrelease/2621 ... pikes-peak

I'd bet that the wheels are 17" and the tires are a 225-235 / 45. Unfortunately can't find any hi-res pics of the side of the car when standing still.

nader
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011
Leaf Number: 1925

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 am

At 2:04 in this video Q&A session with Chad Hord, he mentions "slight modifications to the suspension."

http://futurenissancommercial.blogspot. ... -your.html

I posted on Chad's Facebook page asking about suspension mods. We'll see if he responds.

Drivesolo
Delivery Date: 10 Oct 2011

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:35 pm

I've owned and have been working on Nissans for a long time. There is a lot of interchangeability among them. Significant things such as engine components, transmission components and suspension components. From my experience I have done some actual interchanging of things on S13's <-> S14's, Z33 '03 <-> Z33 '07, Z33's (both gens) <-> Inifinti G35's, even S13's <-> B14's. The Leaf is a designed and engineered as platform that is not shared w/ anything else currently available from Nissan, but I would still guess that the same principles that they would use to reduce production costs in the past would be used. Yes, suspension does have be be tuned for the weight and balance of the car, but to what extent did Nissan attempt to do this? That said, I'll see if I can get my hands on the suspension components from a B16.
2011 SL Superblack - Delivered 10/10/2011
"As an individual, not as the boss of a company, I am very interested in motor racing." - Carlos Ghosn
"Racing improves the breed." - Soichiro Honda

aqn
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1333

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Drivesolo wrote:I've owned and have been working on Nissans for a long time. There is a lot of interchangeability among them. [...] That said, I'll see if I can get my hands on the suspension components from a B16.
Thanks for doing the legwork. Please keep it up! I appreciate it very much. As a craps dealer in Vegas said to my wife after she tipped him: "You're doing God's work!" :D
Anna Nguyen

MrStian
Delivery Date: 29 Jun 2012

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 am

This thread is a few years old now. Are there any awailable options for the Leaf? Either only springs or a full coilover kit?
Black 2012 nissan Leaf

aqn
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1333

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 pm

MrStian wrote:This thread is a few years old now.
Put down the crack pipe :D . The first post in this thread was last August: not quite a year a ago.
MrStian wrote:Are there any awailable options for the Leaf? Either only springs or a full coilover kit?
As far as I know, yes. Not surprising, considering the size of the market for LEAF suspension enhancements...
Anna Nguyen

MrStian

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Hahaha! I am not used to this type of forum and was looking at the date people joined this forum! :oops:

You say that there is lowering kits for this car. But where can i find it? Have tried to search, but all i can find is how to lower nissan leaf springs, not the car! ;)
Black 2012 nissan Leaf

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 pm

MrStian wrote:Hahaha! I am not used to this type of forum and was looking at the date people joined this forum! :oops:

You say that there is lowering kits for this car. But where can i find it? Have tried to search, but all i can find is how to lower nissan leaf springs, not the car! ;)
Search the forum for "Tein"
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

MrStian

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks!

Found a guy running Tein Street basis damper from Nengun.com. Here is his thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... hilit=tein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another guy running just the springs: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... hilit=tein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last guy hasent been online since may 22. Anybody else that are running just the springs? How is the ride in these compaired to the street basis kit?
Black 2012 nissan Leaf

Return to “Accessories / Mods”