Ingineer
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 6969

Re: Hacking the Nav/MFD - Technical Information

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

ksnogas2112 wrote:He built himself a clock that adds and extra 8 hours to every day. The clock is an automatic override for the current space/time continuum that also allows him to place winning bets on football games after the game has been played.
I wish! (If only I didn't need to sleep...) :lol:

-Phil
Easily Learn Electricity HERE! - - - - Website: http://evseupgrade.com/[/size] - - - - Like us on Facebook: EVSE Upgrade

Danal
Delivery Date: 29 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 3914

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Ingineer wrote:My first (and so far only) Hack is to add a small microcontroller circuit to "fake" the OK button press as soon as the unit powers up:
I had thought about doing this. But, I haven't even dragged the o-scope out to the car to look at the connection between the touch screen and the rest of the unit. Would you be willing to share any details of what you did? Physical and/or logical protocols in place in the Clarion? Which microcontroller you used? Etc.

Even the smallest hints would be a huge jump start.

Thanks!
2011 Pearl White SL + QC
Bought off lot Oct 29, 2011
EVSE Upgrade charger; self-installed 240V J6-20 receptacle in garage
Seat Extension Brackets

Bonzo
Delivery Date: 06 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 013917

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:59 am

Danal wrote:
Ingineer wrote:My first (and so far only) Hack is to add a small microcontroller circuit to "fake" the OK button press as soon as the unit powers up:
I had thought about doing this. But, I haven't even dragged the o-scope out to the car to look at the connection between the touch screen and the rest of the unit. Would you be willing to share any details of what you did? Physical and/or logical protocols in place in the Clarion? Which microcontroller you used? Etc.

Thanks!
I would also like to hear more about this!

N952JL

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Bonzo wrote:
Danal wrote:

Thanks!
I would also like to hear more about this!
+5

Bonzo
Delivery Date: 06 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 013917

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 am

I noticed that the schematics on the first page doesn't reflect how the touch screen is connected.
Does it use the I2C, the GPIO or some other method completely?

And a question directly to Ingineer; did your microcontroller fake a touch screen input or did you send the command in some other way?

trigga
Delivery Date: 21 May 2013

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:05 pm

I would like to know as well. Im planning on adding in an extra USB, to connect the old SSD from my MacBook Air and another power outlet. I would love to roll all the mods into one day of work.

lion
Delivery Date: 22 May 2013

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 am

Can you tell me more about how the Around View cameras are hooked up? Are we talking about 4 analog video connections (RCA/S-Video)?

I'm working on installing 2 dashcams, but might opt for a larger DVR solution if it's easy to grab a copy of the around view camera video.

jelloslug
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2013

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:25 am

lion wrote:Can you tell me more about how the Around View cameras are hooked up? Are we talking about 4 analog video connections (RCA/S-Video)?

I'm working on installing 2 dashcams, but might opt for a larger DVR solution if it's easy to grab a copy of the around view camera video.
All the cameras are connected to a separate module that combines and "stitches" the four images together. That combines signal is then sent to the A/V control unit up front.

plgpwrd
Delivery Date: 28 Jun 2011

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:20 am

I have looked into adding a video input for the unit but the only device I can find is over $700.
Would it be possible to add an aux video in to the unit for less?

I want to use the video to connect my Android phone so I can use the new mimicsx2 device to control the phone from the nav screen.

Thanks

Paqo
Delivery Date: 04 Apr 2013

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Why don't you use one of video switchers (http://www.alldatasheet.net/datasheet-p ... 2533D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to combine an back camera input + your's unit ?

Return to “Accessories / Mods”