lion
Delivery Date: 22 May 2013

Re: Hacking the Nav/MFD - Technical Information

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:03 am

jelloslug wrote:
lion wrote:Can you tell me more about how the Around View cameras are hooked up? Are we talking about 4 analog video connections (RCA/S-Video)?

I'm working on installing 2 dashcams, but might opt for a larger DVR solution if it's easy to grab a copy of the around view camera video.
All the cameras are connected to a separate module that combines and "stitches" the four images together. That combines signal is then sent to the A/V control unit up front.
Thanks, somehow I missed this response. In hindsight, I guess I would have to worry about powering these cameras as well, so I'll have to give it some more thought, but being able to record all 4 cams with 1 video input would be really useful for sure.

thorx
Delivery Date: 05 May 2013

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 am

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why not dump the stock unit all togheter? and then reverse engineer the climate data off the can-bus?
Is the main concern that the carwings will stop working?

adeyo
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2013

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm hoping something comes of this thread! Could this be helpful:
http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-lea ... bypass-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It tricks the car into thinking it is in park, enabling the rear video camera to work. In other Nissan vehicles, it allows you to watch DVD's.

keylimesoda
Delivery Date: 28 Dec 2013

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Might there by any way to create an RCA audio-out bypassing the built-in amplifier?

adi001
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2014
Leaf Number: 2011

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:46 am

Hello

Can anybody hack US leaf NAV head unit to put Europe maps? Now in Europe my navigation shows California streets...
for many of-course.

aminorjourney

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:48 am

adi001 wrote:Hello

Can anybody hack US leaf NAV head unit to put Europe maps? Now in Europe my navigation shows California streets...
for many of-course.
I don't believe so, but how long are you there for? We're moving to the U.S. in a year... We want to take our European LEAF.

I feel an MFD swap coming on...

In all honesty, you may be better off finding a scrap LEAF and pulling the MFD out of that?

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

Editor, co-founder, transportevolved.com
Mom, Troublemaker.

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agondonter
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 012545

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Ingineer wrote: My first (and so far only) Hack is to add a small microcontroller circuit to "fake" the OK button press as soon as the unit powers up:

Obviously this was accomplished without altering any code, but a more elegant way would be to patch the code to eliminate this (any several other) annoyances.

-Phil
I would like to ask you 3 questions Phil:

1. Did you test this hack with a phone, which is connecting via the Bluetooth, because while the Bluetooth info-message is displayed, the user cannot press the "OK" button:

2. How much soldering is required to install your "hacking" microntroller? I mean, do the user have to solder simultaneously more than 2 pins?

3. What will be the estimated price of your hack? I would like to buy one, if the stupid lawyer from Nissan cannot be persuaded to drop this retarded confirmation screen in the following 6 to 12 months. (I love the LEAF, but this nag screen is like a "Spoonful of poop in the barrel of honey".)

Best regards.

ampitupco
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 17235

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm hoping we can sneak CarPlay onto this thing when it becomes available.

http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ampitupco
2015 LEAF SV
2012 LEAF SL: 33000 miles 229 GID / 55.7Ahr (10/2015) [SOLD]
LEAF Energy iOS app
Nissan LEAFs For Sale
Denver LEAF Owners

Paqo
Delivery Date: 04 Apr 2013

Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 am

I've made a small screen touch simulator based on µC - you need to solder 4 small wires to touch screen sensing plate connector - so no big deal

Bonzo
Delivery Date: 06 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 013917

Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 am

Paqo wrote:I've made a small screen touch simulator based on µC - you need to solder 4 small wires to touch screen sensing plate connector - so no big deal
Could you please share some more info?
Like, what protocol are you using? 5V or 3.3V ? Are there wires for power available, or do we need to get that from somewhere else?
Maybe you'd be willing to share some source?
Any piece of info would be nice!

Return to “Accessories / Mods”