Replacing the fuel-injector O-rings (as you do)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubo

6KIvI6G.png

:lol: Lol, this apparently also doubles as the O-ring for the radiator drain plug (which you should replace if changing the coolant).

part number W0133-1644358

LeftieBiker said:
It's smart to use existing parts in new applications - as long as they are appropriate.

Oh, I agree. I applaud Nissan for it. It was just funny to encounter the "Nissan LEAF Fuel Injectors" descriptor.

I'm so hoping there's a recall on that part. The amount of confusion generated would be *hilarious*.

These folks have a Leaf for sale. It comes with fresh oil, and the new parts below.

100% serviced! Brand new timing belt, water pump, and HEAD GASKETS (WHICH EVERY SUBARU NEEDS IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN DONE)
1-YEAR WARRANTY ON THE ENGINE AND 6-MONTH WARRANTY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER regardless of the price!

Serviced and sold by Connecticut's #1 Used Subaru Sales and Service location.

*Over 30 used Subarus to choose from ranging in price from $4,500-$12,000.
*Over 20 years of experience as an independent Subaru service center.
We have thousands of satisfied customers and we have saved them many thousands of dollars!
Specializing in Subarus allows us to identify your problem without the guesswork. Shop around then call us. We will beat any estimate from another shop and guarantee our diagnosis and repair.

*We replace the timing belt, water pump, and head gaskets on every car we sell.
No one else offers so much!
Anything you need, we will get you where you need to go!
Contact Mike at East Granby Motors

LeftieBiker said:
100% serviced! Brand new timing belt, water pump, and HEAD GASKETS (WHICH EVERY SUBARU NEEDS IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN DONE)

What a STEAL. New head gaskets, timing belt, and a water pump!

Unlike a Subaru, every Leaf doesn't need them, even if they haven't been done!

On a positive note, it's cool to see that this is actually being done. It really does make sense, however, with the issues that Subaru has been having around head gaskets.

derkraut said:
Well....I have never replaced the "fuel injector O-rings" on my 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nissan schedules 7 years for the first coolant change. I think I'll be doing it soon. I'm only at the 5 year mark but this car makes me feel like the Maytag Repairman. So anyway, I'll be needing one of these o-rings. Sure I could re-use the old one but then again a faulty o-ring brought down the Space Shuttle.

GRA said:
^^^ No, no, the o-rings weren't faulty, they were used in temps too cold to function properly. Kind of like buying a LEAF in Phoenix - failure is to be expected. Just sayin'.

I never made that connection but it's a perfect analogy.

Back