Fob battery low warning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

Car would not start with fob battery warning.
Went online to find out how to change battery...didn't know key was inside fob.
Wife took off with spare fob and bought new battery while shopping.
Replaced low battery and found interesting YouTube video showing how to start car with low or no battery in fob.
Searching online beats thumbing through the 578 page 2018 Leaf manual.

We keep the paper manual in the car, and I try to read the PDF in my room before we take delivery of the car. (I haven't done that yet with the 2020.)

WetEV said:
Get the pdf manual. Paper is so last century.

I have the PDF manual. Tell me where it says anything about replacing the fob battery or, for that matter, how to start the car with a low fob battery. This information may be there someplace but I can't find it. It takes less than a minute to find the information with a Google search.

Bouldergramp said:
WetEV said:
Get the pdf manual. Paper is so last century.

I have the PDF manual. Tell me where it says anything about replacing the fob battery or, for that matter, how to start the car with a low fob battery. This information may be there someplace but I can't find it. It takes less than a minute to find the information with a Google search.

Search for text. "key battery" and "battery replacement" worked for me, in less than a minute.

Bouldergramp said:
...Searching online beats thumbing through the 578 page 2018 Leaf manual.

Manuals sure have gotten thicker over the years. My first was about 30 pages; now it's War and Peace, Large-Type Edition. Features have proliferated but on top of that it seems like 3/4 of every page is taken up with dire warnings of imminent injury or death. There's hardly enough room for gloveboxes to contain them anymore.

Search for text. "key battery" and "battery replacement" worked for me, in less than a minute.
[/quote]

I am using Adobe Reader X and there is no text search that I can see. I am stuck with the Index which is no help.
Anyway, I take the easy way with Google.

Bouldergramp said:
I am using Adobe Reader X and there is no text search that I can see. I am stuck with the Index which is no help.

Did you try the std shortcut key for search, ^F ?

WetEV said:
Bouldergramp said:

Did you try the std shortcut key for search, ^F ?

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has a search function and it works but I will stick with Google Chrome.
Thanks.

Back