TickTock
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 3626

Re: Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013, changed to 6p

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I plan to attend, but in case I am unable I would like someone to ask about plans to sell "Leaf to Home" in the US.

evchels

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 pm

TickTock wrote:I plan to attend, but in case I am unable I would like someone to ask about plans to sell "Leaf to Home" in the US.
Got it on my list!

LakeLeaf
Delivery Date: 04 Aug 2018

Re: Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013 Breakfast

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm

evchels wrote:Hi all,

First, thank you so much for submitting questions! I'll update the draft list I posted on the warranty thread this afternoon and add here too. Some of the questions will probably end up as "homework" for either the Tony/Phil battery task force or the regular advisory group, but I will make sure any question submitted this week gets sent to Nissan before next Tuesday's event.
Chelsea -

Any chance that you and the others on the board can try and prioritize the questions so that those that seem of most interest to most people are sure to get asked (and hopefully answered)?

At local board meetings here, anyone wishing to ask a question is requested to write it on a paper form at the beginning of the meeting and submit. The moderator is able to use that to organize the order of the questions, but still calls on the individuals in the audience so they can ask the question directly (and the board knows who they are addressing).

TonyWilliams

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm

With the meeting time changed, it's looking more likely I will fly MYF-SDL, departing San Diego at noon-ish on Jan 8, 2013 and arriving Scottsdale at 2pm-ish. It is 10 miles to the hotel, so probably a crew car or shuttle van for that leg.

Hopefully, we can fully check out the 2013 LEAF before the meeting.

Then, departure from SDL at 9pm-ish to arrive MYF around 11pm. I'll be home by midnight-ish.

I already have one tentative passenger (who is also a pilot), so we can take a few more. Iif we have more than 4 total, we have to take the Piper Malibu:

http://www.plusoneflyers.org/FleetPhotos/N4363Q_EXT.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

surfingslovak
Vendor

Re: Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013 Breakfast

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:Absolutely later in the day is best for participation. Unfortunately, it will be dark then to check out the new car, so I recommend that it be on display earlier.
Agreed, this works better for me too, and I definitely appreciate the change in schedule. Perhaps it will be possible to coordinate some form of group travel from NorCal as well.

evchels

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:With the meeting time changed, it's looking more likely I will fly MYF-SDL, departing San Diego at noon-ish on Jan 8, 2013 and arriving Scottsdale at 2pm-ish. It is 10 miles to the hotel, so probably a crew car or shuttle van for that leg.

Hopefully, we can fully check out the 2013 LEAF before the meeting.

Then, departure from SDL at 9pm-ish to arrive MYF around 11pm. I'll be home by midnight-ish.

I already have one tentative passenger (who is also a pilot), so we can take a few more. Iif we have more than 4 total, we have to take the Piper Malibu:

http://www.plusoneflyers.org/FleetPhotos/N4363Q_EXT.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hang on...the meeting isn't officially changed yet. I'm simply asking on this side if it would make a difference in participation while Nissan looks into the option (and I want to make sure that no one who could come in the am would be precluded if we move the time). So far, you and surfingslovak are the only ones I've seen chime in publicly or privately.

Should be able to confirm tonight or tomorrow depending on responses, but don't want to guarantee until I know for sure...

JeremyW
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 19136

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm

evchels wrote:Should be able to confirm tonight or tomorrow depending on responses, but don't want to guarantee until I know for sure...
Hopefully they can make it quick! These flight prices go up every time I look, it seems. :? I'm leaning back in to going again. :)
Former 2012 SL leasee 6/23/12 - 9/23/15
Former Fit EV leasee.
Now driving Spark EV and Model 3.

evchels

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm

JeremyW wrote:
evchels wrote:Should be able to confirm tonight or tomorrow depending on responses, but don't want to guarantee until I know for sure...
Hopefully they can make it quick! These flight prices go up every time I look, it seems. :? I'm leaning back in to going again. :)
I know, and I'm sorry. It's all a little last-minute as it is, given the holiday shut-down, but a couple of us have been worried about the morning timing keeping folks from attending, so have been pushing for reconsideration. Apologies if that makes things worse for a few...just trying to create the best access given the circumstances (and yes, I'm exploring video options w a couple Nissan conspirators as well.)

TonyWilliams

Re: Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013, changed to ?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 pm

I suspect most LEAF drivers (at least the ones I know) have real jobs, so an 8 am meeting might not be ideal.

If we are throwing out times, I'd suggest slightly earlier than 6pm (4pm) so that out of town guests can fly in and out on the same day. The last bank of Southwest flights leave PHX between 8pm and 9pm.

Locals in Phoenix might prefer this also. In addition, it would be better for car viewing.

evchels

Re: Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013, changed to ?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:
I suspect most LEAF drivers (at least the ones I know) have real jobs, so an 8 am meeting might not be ideal.

If we are throwing out times, I'd suggest slightly earlier than 6pm (4pm) so that out of town guests can fly in and out on the same day. The last bank of Southwest flights leave PHX between 8pm and 9pm.

Locals in Phoenix might prefer this also. In addition, it would be better for car viewing.
If there are others who prefer a 4-ish time, I'm happy to propose it. But again, having more than two people chime in, in any direction, would be helpful.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”