September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LakeLeaf said:
Might as well start a new thread for the 2nd. Hopefully I personally won't have reason to also start the 30 September thread. :(

My guess would be that since they are sending out 5% each day, it will stretch out to the 15th or so. Remember, TX/HI order in Sept. also, and I think theirs will be around the 20th of Sept.

So far it looks like all of the people who have been able to order fall into clusters around roll-out areas.

I haven't noticed any folks more then a tankful away from everyone else. Maybe it just that almost everyone is near one of the clusters and location has nothing to do with order place and I was just that much slower to hit the button then everyone else.

mossyleaf said:
I'm sure you'll get your soon. You were so early.

I hope so. If I don't hear in a week or so, I'll give Nissan a chat and make sure they still love me.

Maybe they've been reading my L3 rants on the board here and decided I should just go to the back of the line. :arrow:

leaffan said:
LakeLeaf said:
Might as well start a new thread for the 2nd. Hopefully I personally won't have reason to also start the 30 September thread. :(

My guess would be that since they are sending out 5% each day, it will stretch out to the 15th or so. Remember, TX/HI order in Sept. also, and I think theirs will be around the 20th of Sept.

Where did this 5% number come from?

ok. I received the email on April 20th at 2:27 and had my reservation complete by 2:30. I suspect that I am pretty early in the list, but who knows. I have a September reservation and I'm waiting eagerly by the computer. My question is if I get an email to enter my order on Monday and I don't place my order until the following Monday does that effect my delivery date for the car, or it that place held by my quick reservation on April 20th? The reason for the question is because I have a cruise vacation scheduled for Sunday 5th through Sunday 12th. It'll cost hundreds of dollars to use the ships computers to check my email, so I don't want to do that, I'm also going to go in order to get away from the computers. Please tell me this order has no bearing on delivery date....please.

palmermd said:
ok. I received the email on April 20th at 2:27 and had my reservation complete by 2:30. .....

Michael -

I have no inside information on this, but believe I've seen several times that your place in the delivery line is determined by the timing of your order placement rather then your initial reservation time. For your case - hope that's not true (for mine too - we both should be pretty close to the front of the line with early order times).

If you are worried - you could always change your email address in your profile to someone you trust and give them your account password and have them place the order for you. I don't think the systems have any idea who actually at the end of the keyboard as the ordering process doesn't seem to ask for any personally identifiable information from what we have heard so far.

palmermd said:
It'll cost hundreds of dollars to use the ships computers to check my email....

It won't cost that much .... Norwegian has "Pay as you go $0.75 per minute". Check once a day ....

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=InternetCafe

palmermd said:
Please tell me this order has no bearing on delivery date....please.

Sorry, Michael. I'm not a dealer or a Nissan official, but my dealer told me weeks ago that your order goes into the Nissan computer to trigger the car to be built at the time you accept the quote.

In your scenario, your order would go in a week after someone else's order who got the RAQ the same time you did. So your car would be ordered a week later. That will likely affect the delivery date, unless you get very lucky and your car makes it onto the same ship as those who ordered a week earlier than you did.

I've seen this discussed on this forum, so I'm sure that others will add better info than I have.

Let's see, what would I do in your place? I guess I'd enlist a friend or relative as Lakeleaf says to act as my proxy in the order process. Introduce them to your dealer, authorize them to place the order. Forward your email to them and give them your Nissan EV website password.

garygid said:
Unknown number of RFQs enabled in September.

so then knowing 5% a day is meaningless, and given that we don't know what number we are in the unknown number of RFQ's then it is more meaningless. Instead of making us wait for an email for a month, they should have provided a day or at least a week to wait. A month to wait seems too painful for many. Can you imagine how angry people are going to be on the 29th when they still have not received an email saying they can now order their car. If you tell them today that their order day is the 30th, they'll be upset, but then they can go on their merry way until the 30th, and they will be happy that they are ahead of the October order folks.

LakeLeaf said:
palmermd said:
ok. I received the email on April 20th at 2:27 and had my reservation complete by 2:30. .....

Michael -

I have no inside information on this, but believe I've seen several times that your place in the delivery line is determined by the timing of your order placement rather then your initial reservation time. For your case - hope that's not true (for mine too - we both should be pretty close to the front of the line with early order times).

If you are worried - you could always change your email address in your profile to someone you trust and give them your account password and have them place the order for you. I don't think the systems have any idea who actually at the end of the keyboard as the ordering process doesn't seem to ask for any personally identifiable information from what we have heard so far.
Interesting idea. I had set up a FILTER on my regular email account to forward Nissan emails to my cell phone. The cell phone receives the first 160 characters of the forwarded email. But even simpler, change the email in your Nissan account profile temporarily to your cell provider's domain/email assigned to your cell phone. Not sure where you are cruising, and who your phone provider is, but you might have coverage where you will be. Once you receive the "RAQ" email you could go online to complete the quote & order process. In the alternative, your Dealer might now when you are able to order. He/she could call you.

Back