EVDRIVER

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm

smkettner wrote:
drlesley wrote:I put my reservation in 4/20 at about 3 pm CA time.
So we have moved from 2:45 to 3:00...... I think I am closer to 9p :(

Mine was within 20 minutes of the email- still no dash open.

Boomer23
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm

drlesley wrote:I got to order today!!!

I didn't get an email but on a whim I checked my Nissan profile and the spot which says I can get a quote from the dealer was suddenly functional, so I called my preferred dealer Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa and completed my order very smoothly.

I put my reservation in 4/20 at about 3 pm CA time.

I highly recommend Connell; they called me about 8 minutes after I submitted the request for the quote and they were very helpful and offered a good price, 1000 below MSRP. Very straightforward transaction, no monkey business.
I'm in OC, too, and also with Connell. Far from checking on a whim, I'm sitting here refreshing my screen repeatedly, waiting for something to change. As I mentioned above, Mark called me last evening after seeing me on his page. Maybe I should just take off for a while and check back when I feel the whim. :lol:

I have a 4/20 reservation date and responded around 3 pm, but my account got FUBAR because of the AMEX card problem, like evnow's did. Actually, I'm lucky I have a 4/20 reservation date because it took them like a week to get my account unlocked.

I'm happy with Connell, too. Mark was on the ball to call me last evening.

As for an OC electrician, I have the name of an honest independent guy, family business, licensed electrician who I gave me a very fair estimate of the work at my house a few weeks ago. I'd recommend at least giving him a shot at your group idea.

The company is Jason Wakefield Electric. Phone: 714-883-5064. Tell him you heard about him from someone on the Nissan Leaf forum.

I'm probably going to go with AV because their quote works well for me.
Last edited by Boomer23 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LBCev
Delivery Date: 03 Nov 2011

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm

My dash just opened. I put in a RAQ with an area dealer and have spoken to them on the phone. I'm now waiting for quote to come back. It seems to be going pretty good so far. Will keep everyone posted.
Delivery: 3/30/11
VIN: 785
Now solar powered!

Tesla
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 pm

I placed my order today and received confirmation. Hopefully I will be able to take possession before the end of the year.

2011 BMW ActiveE
2011 Honda Civic GX
2004 Ford F150 Dedicated CNG

LakeLeaf
Delivery Date: 04 Aug 2018

Re: September Orders - those lucky on September 2nd

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:44 pm

cashu2 wrote:
Yep, I have been checking religiously too since Monday.
Welcome cachu2 -

Where are you? When did you make your reservation? Were you able to order the QC?

cashu2

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 pm

LakeLeaf wrote:
cashu2 wrote:
Yep, I have been checking religiously too since Monday.
Welcome cachu2 -

Where are you? When did you make your reservation? Were you able to order the QC?
Thanks, I'm in Santa Clarita, CA. I made my reservation on 4/20, I can't remember the time because I was having problems opening the reservation button, it wasn't actually there on a few computers (mac and PC), I had to actually use my Motorola droid to see it and press it, of course it was only after I did a live chat with Nissan to try and solve the problem. I'm guessing it was before 3pm.
By QC I assume you mean quick charge, yes I ordered it.

FYI for people that are checking their e-mail and not their dash boards, I checked my dash board at 10:58am and it was ready to request a quote, I didn't get the you can now request a quote e-mail from Nissan until 12:33pm

lettcco
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

cashu2 wrote:
Thanks, I'm in Santa Clarita, CA. I made my reservation on 4/20, I can't remember the time because I was having problems opening the reservation button, it wasn't actually there on a few computers (mac and PC), I had to actually use my Motorola droid to see it and press it, of course it was only after I did a live chat with Nissan to try and solve the problem. I'm guessing it was before 3pm.

FYI for people that are checking their e-mail and not their dash boards, I checked my dash board at 10:58am and it was ready to request a quote, I didn't get the you can now request a quote e-mail from Nissan until 12:33pm
oh uh, looks like I got a competitor fighting for the charger at the santa clarita mall already...lol, just kidding. which dealer did you go thru? I was going to go with valencia Nissan but their lackadaisical attitude and unwillingness to deal push me to fontana nissan.
Blue SL with DC charge option
reserved date : 4/20/2010
order date: 9/2/2010
Fontana Nissan

LBCev
Delivery Date: 03 Nov 2011

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm

lettcco wrote:
cashu2 wrote:

oh uh, looks like I got a competitor fighting for the charger at the santa clarita mall already...lol, just kidding. which dealer did you go thru? I was going to go with valencia Nissan but their lackadaisical attitude and unwillingness to deal push me to fontana nissan.
I was surprised by how many dealers were either non-responsive or unwilling to deal given the highly competitive market here in the LA/OC area. I really wanted to go with my closest dealers but neither would get firm on price, let alone commit to anything in writing.

I ended up going with Connell. Mark at Connell was straightforward and responsive out of the gate. He and his team (Elise & Wade) were a pleasure to deal with.
Delivery: 3/30/11
VIN: 785
Now solar powered!

Boomer23
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:19 pm

leaffan wrote:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.
So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cashu2

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

lettcco wrote:
cashu2 wrote:

I went through Fontana just like you, I offered Valencia Nissan the deal but the General Manager just wanted to keep calling me! I just wanted a straight forward yes or no answer without the negotiating which is why I'm sure he wanted to call me. Fontana is going to deliver it on a flat bed for free and I can sign the paper work at home, that coupled with the $1,000 off sealed the deal for me!

BTW I asked you what color you are getting in another post, then you replied to this one, weird. So what color are you getting, hopefully not white :)
Last edited by cashu2 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”