SalemCat
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jan 2021
Leaf Number: 311743

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:37 am

coleafrado2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 pm
SalemCat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am
You have described my situation perfectly.

I have just purchased a 2018 SV w 13K miles, with 7 months Warranty remaining.

$16K, with an MSRP of $37K just 2-3 years ago. I'm pleased.
I hate to say this, but for $16k OTD you can get an essentially mint Bolt with <50k miles, 50% more range than the Leaf1.5, and an actual battery thermal management system. Also, an 8-year 100k mile battery warranty. If you can return the Leaf, do it ASAP!
I appreciate the advice, and I have owned GM products, and received good value from them.

But for reasons, right or wrong, I'm tending toward Japanese vehicles these days.

SalemCat
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jan 2021
Leaf Number: 311743

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:55 pm

I just realized the BOLT is a hybrid.

I avoid hybrids.

To me, you are simply doubling the complexity of the Drive Train.

I want to ban ICE Vehicles from my driveway, not add another, even more complicated version.
Last edited by SalemCat on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

estomax
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:23 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 424033
Location: Seattle

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Bolt is electric, Volt is hybrid, just to clarify for you SalemCat. A Bolt is similar to a Leaf+ in battery capacity.
2013 Leaf SL Premium
27k, 93% SoH 2/17 46k, 94% SoH 2/18
62k, 87% SoH 2/19 75k, 83% SoH 2/20
81k, 81% SoH 2/21

SalemCat
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jan 2021
Leaf Number: 311743

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

estomax wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm
Bolt is electric, Volt is hybrid, just to clarify for you SalemCat. A Bolt is similar to a Leaf+ in battery capacity.
:lol:

Ok, i'm wrong.

But anybody but Chevy would have named their ELECTRIC - VOLT.

And the HYBRID - BOLT.

Anyhow...

Learjet
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:04 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Mar 2020
Leaf Number: 309454
Location: Louisiana, USA

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:03 am

SalemCat wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm
estomax wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm
Bolt is electric, Volt is hybrid, just to clarify for you SalemCat. A Bolt is similar to a Leaf+ in battery capacity.
:lol:

Ok, i'm wrong.

But anybody but Chevy would have named their ELECTRIC - VOLT.

And the HYBRID - BOLT.

Anyhow...
Except the Volt came along well before the Bolt :)
2019 Nissan Leaf SL Plus

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 pm

coleafrado2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 pm
SalemCat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am
You have described my situation perfectly.

I have just purchased a 2018 SV w 13K miles, with 7 months Warranty remaining.

$16K, with an MSRP of $37K just 2-3 years ago. I'm pleased.
I hate to say this, but for $16k OTD you can get an essentially mint Bolt with <50k miles, 50% more range than the Leaf1.5, and an actual battery thermal management system. Also, an 8-year 100k mile battery warranty. If you can return the Leaf, do it ASAP!
The Leaf has only 13k miles with 7 months of full warranty left, 5-year, 60,000-mile EV system warranty, and 8-year, 100,000-mile battery warranty. SalemCat got a good deal, no reason to consider returning it.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL Plus purchased 8/10/2019

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15423
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:52 am

coleafrado2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 pm
SalemCat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am
You have described my situation perfectly.

I have just purchased a 2018 SV w 13K miles, with 7 months Warranty remaining.

$16K, with an MSRP of $37K just 2-3 years ago. I'm pleased.
I hate to say this, but for $16k OTD you can get an essentially mint Bolt with <50k miles, 50% more range than the Leaf1.5, and an actual battery thermal management system. Also, an 8-year 100k mile battery warranty. If you can return the Leaf, do it ASAP!
Are the 2017 Bolts cleared for sale now? Cause none of the packs have been fixed or replaced yet that I know of.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 16,686 mi, 91.51% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coleafrado2
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:32 am
Delivery Date: 26 May 2019

Re: "Trickle charging is not recommended for regular use"

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:48 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:52 am
coleafrado2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 pm
SalemCat wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am
You have described my situation perfectly.

I have just purchased a 2018 SV w 13K miles, with 7 months Warranty remaining.

$16K, with an MSRP of $37K just 2-3 years ago. I'm pleased.
I hate to say this, but for $16k OTD you can get an essentially mint Bolt with <50k miles, 50% more range than the Leaf1.5, and an actual battery thermal management system. Also, an 8-year 100k mile battery warranty. If you can return the Leaf, do it ASAP!
Are the 2017 Bolts cleared for sale now? Cause none of the packs have been fixed or replaced yet that I know of.
I bought one a month ago from a non-Chevy dealer. GM is the only seller applying stop-sales.
'17 Bolt
'12 Leaf (2019-2020)

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”