LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13453
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Tue May 28, 2019 9:56 pm

danrjones wrote:I agree, I was excited about the kia niro ev, and its getting good reviews, lots of space inside, lots of range.

But its going for 44-46k if you can even find one.

Instead i just scored a new 2018 leaf, which does what I need it to for now, and I plan to upgrade it a year or two.
The Leaf "Too": not the "Right EV" but the "Right Now EV." ;)
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

danrjones
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 am

I think so, at least so far, its been the right EV for me right now. I'm doing between 12-20 miles per day every day, but not more.
Went hiking last weekend and had to take my wife's outback since it was about 180 miles round trip. I'd love to be able to do that with the EV, but even the plus wouldn't make it since I also did about 10,000 ft of elevation gain.

So I'd love more range and a promise the batteries will last forever, but that's not gong to happen for what I paid.

Still, if one assumes Nissan will make their product better each year, then trading it in in two years ought to get me something better.



I watch Alex on autos, and though I think he has been a bit harsh on the Leaf (I still think the Leaf is my favorite looking EV on the outside), some of his recent videos had some interesting facts.

As an example, the brand new 2019 Kia Niro EV may get a redesign as soon as 2020, as the actual Body is old.

And you have to assume that Nissan will do some mid cycle updates in 2020 or 2021, right?
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

webeleafowners
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Wed May 29, 2019 11:53 am

Right. But who knows what. We actually gave a 2020 SL Eplus on order. Won’t see it till March. Really curious what the differences will be. Guesses anyone?

Also have been seeking clarification on the Epluses capability for over the air updates. Not a lot of info out there.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Astros
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am
Delivery Date: 28 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 310136
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Wed May 29, 2019 2:32 pm

webeleafowners wrote:Right. But who knows what. We actually gave a 2020 SL Eplus on order. Won’t see it till March. Really curious what the differences will be. Guesses anyone?

Also have been seeking clarification on the Epluses capability for over the air updates. Not a lot of info out there.
If you connect the car to a wifi hot spot, you can go in to the settings and check for and download updated maps, or software. I haven't noticed an update yet. The car does tell you what software version you have, so if you keep track of that it should be obvious if there have been any updates.
Also, you can get live traffic information on the screen even without a SiriusXM subscription, as long as you are connected to wifi (say, through your phone).
2019 Deep Blue SL Plus

webeleafowners
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Wed May 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Astros wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Right. But who knows what. We actually gave a 2020 SL Eplus on order. Won’t see it till March. Really curious what the differences will be. Guesses anyone?

Also have been seeking clarification on the Epluses capability for over the air updates. Not a lot of info out there.
If you connect the car to a wifi hot spot, you can go in to the settings and check for and download updated maps, or software. I haven't noticed an update yet. The car does tell you what software version you have, so if you keep track of that it should be obvious if there have been any updates.
Also, you can get live traffic information on the screen even without a SiriusXM subscription, as long as you are connected to wifi (say, through your phone).
Thanks for the reply Astro’s. So is this something akin to what Tesla does as far as updates.

I don’t think our 2016 Leaf does this. Other than charge station data.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Astros
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am
Delivery Date: 28 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 310136
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Thu May 30, 2019 11:37 am

webeleafowners wrote:Thanks for the reply Astro’s. So is this something akin to what Tesla does as far as updates.

I don’t think our 2016 Leaf does this. Other than charge station data.
Right, non-Plus Leafs can update charging station info, but the Plus is the first to allow over-the-air map updates. In fact, the Plus no longer has a SD card slot at all, so wifi is the only way to update the maps now.
2019 Deep Blue SL Plus

webeleafowners
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Thu May 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Astros wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Thanks for the reply Astro’s. So is this something akin to what Tesla does as far as updates.

I don’t think our 2016 Leaf does this. Other than charge station data.
Right, non-Plus Leafs can update charging station info, but the Plus is the first to allow over-the-air map updates. In fact, the Plus no longer has a SD card slot at all, so wifi is the only way to update the maps now.
Ahhh ok. So in addition to the maps I wonder if the cars software can be updated?
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Astros
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am
Delivery Date: 28 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 310136
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Thu May 30, 2019 5:59 pm

webeleafowners wrote:Ahhh ok. So in addition to the maps I wonder if the cars software can be updated?
It claims you can update the software. Above the "Update Maps" option is one to check your software version. When you open that up it tells you the current version and a date, there is an option to check for updates. When I tried that this afternoon, it hung for a moment then changed the date to today. The software version didn't change, so I assume there was no update. For the record, it appears to currently be on version 0339.
2019 Deep Blue SL Plus

webeleafowners
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 pm

Astros wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Ahhh ok. So in addition to the maps I wonder if the cars software can be updated?
It claims you can update the software. Above the "Update Maps" option is one to check your software version. When you open that up it tells you the current version and a date, there is an option to check for updates. When I tried that this afternoon, it hung for a moment then changed the date to today. The software version didn't change, so I assume there was no update. For the record, it appears to currently be on version 0339.
That’s pretty cool. So curious to see what changes for 2020 as ours will be a 2020.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Leogee
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 am
Delivery Date: 01 Oct 2019

Re: Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers - any UK delivery confirmations ?

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 am

Most of the posts on this topic seem to be about USA availability. Anyone from the UK have a firm delivery date ?

I placed an order for a Leaf plus mid April. I have been told that the Plus models will not be arriving until October, although the 40kwh 2019 models are starting to become available now. No firm delivery date, so anytime in October or even later is likely. I understood that the hold up is the availability of the 62kwh batteries.

Others' experience ?

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”