I thought you had purchased the Leaf you sold... If not, how did you break the lease?
TonyWilliams wrote:Well, I got not only original capacity range, but a far lower lease payment than my previous LEAF purchase.
No, I purchased 2244. Trade in was $21-$22k at Mossy Nissan, and CarMax gave me $23k. I specifically got 20782 as a lease because:
1. 2244 could not complete my planned BC2BC trip because of then 13% degradation in RANGE (note, I don't care if that range is battery, software, or otherwise limited; it's just a fact).
2. I wanted to be ahead of the curve of what I perceived, and now believe, to be a significant design flaw that will kill the resale value of LEAFs.
3. The lease payment was less than half my purchase payment (with 1.99% financing).
4. I wanted a fixed resale (residual) at the end of my ownership period.
5. Turning in a lease for Lemon Law may or may not be simpler, assuming this car has the same degradation in the next 18 months that California law covers me.
6. I enjoyed blasted the battery ten times in a row at 136F battery temp, and knowing I've complied with all Nissan limitations, but that is obviously detrimental to the battery. I'll do it again next year at BC2BC 2013, Canada to Mexico !!!!! That should just about finish it off by November 2013, when something new will be on the market.
7. Yes, I've had little mice whispering in my ear how to turn in a LEAF lease (that I will not disclose, so as to not jeapordize those using that method, or my possible use in the future).