UK has more charging stations than gas stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/now-more-electric-vehicle-charging-18934596.amp

UK beat the US to the future.

I love how the Leaf gets the photo op in the story.

After I got my 30 Leaf I was talking to another EV driver and said that petrol stations would decrease and would be a financial life line for private owners to convert the forecourts to EV charging stations.
A ICE takes 3 minutes to fill while you will spend 40 min charging an EV.
If private owners offer a charge in exchange of, say £10 spending on a cafe they will get far more business than what they get at the present.

One point I never saw over the subject is that is far safer for petrol stations charging a EV than selling fuel.
this because, if a driver fills with petrol/diesel he can go away with a full tank and not pay for it. You try and do that with a EV...

I have often thought that the come in and buy a coffee model could have been a savior for the dealers. As the EVs require much less maintenance, their service bay revenue (lifeline already for the dealers) will decline. Oddly concessions could pick up for it. Already most dealers have nice waiting areas with coffee and snacks, why not make it even more of an experience while you take 30 minutes to charge?

As dealers are spread throughout the country, they are in themselves part of the charging backbone, at least without GM and Nissan.

Just my 2 cents/pence

Back