Light covers just popped off!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloBillsfan

Merely by closing my trunk, on different days, one at a time, the clear light covers on what I believe are to my license plate lights popped off and fell to the ground. Do I just superglue them back on as this isn’t a warranty issue but a cruddy design issue instead?

I drive an ‘18 SL

I don't know the design of the lenses, but if it has tabs that you squeeze to release the lens, are they broken? Have you asked your dealership service/parts dept about this?

They both came off. The covers look like they were barely glued on, there are no tabs to click back in. I went to the dealership and they told me it obviously wasn’t under warranty but it still sucks that they both came off so easily.

There is a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty. The only items excluded, IIRC, are light bulbs, brake pads, tires, and wiper blades. The lenses are not, I don't think, excluded. The dealer "obviously" doesn't want to be bothered.

I've changed both mine to led(194) and the lenes never moved. Even cleaned and waxed and they stayed in placed. Sorry to hear , perhaps they need an extra dab of glue ?

BuffaloBillsfan said:
They both came off. The covers look like they were barely glued on, there are no tabs to click back in. I went to the dealership and they told me it obviously wasn’t under warranty but it still sucks that they both came off so easily.

I've never seen any lens like this that would be glued on.
I'd love to see a photo of the lens design.

LeftieBiker said:
There is a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty. The only items excluded, IIRC, are light bulbs, brake pads, tires, and wiper blades. The lenses are not, I don't think, excluded. The dealer "obviously" doesn't want to be bothered.

Nothing i can do about it now as far as the dealer goes. I’m already over 36k miles. I wish I would’ve documented stopping in when I was just under and they told me no. Maybe another dealership would’ve had a different reaction. Probably not.

Amazon search “VIPMOTOZ full LED license plate light lamp assembly replacement for nissan’ and you’ll see. The only way these plastic pieces are going back on is by gluing them on unless anyone can come up with a better idea.

Back