webeleafowners
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

2021 model year news or predictions.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:52 am

Good morning all. Almost October and I see various 2021 model year vehicles being flogged at the dealerships. Has anyone heard anything about the 2021 Leaf changes or when they might start to hit the lots? Last year (at least here in BC) it was into the new year before anything showed up.

Cheers

John.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Oilpan4
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am

Are the 40 or 62kwh battery getting any bigger?

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:34 pm

how about a liquid cooled 80?
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

alozzy
Posts: 1601
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact: Website

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm

I'm not expecting any significant changes, Nissan/Renault are changing to an all new EV platform, so sooner rather than later the LEAF brand will die or morph into another vehicle built on that new platform.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/112 ... ch-sharing
Vancouver, CA owner of a 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Loving my first BEV :D

cwerdna
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:34 pm
how about a liquid cooled 80?
Dream on. I wouldn't expect any liquid cooled battery for this generation of Leaf. A bit more capacity (ala 10% increase on 2020 Bolt)? Maybe, but still seems unlikely...

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

danrjones
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

cwerdna wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:34 pm
how about a liquid cooled 80?
Dream on. I wouldn't expect any liquid cooled battery for this generation of Leaf. A bit more capacity (ala 10% increase on 2020 Bolt)? Maybe, but still seems unlikely...
Since the Ariya is coming any big changes would undercut the Ariya wouldn't it?
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

GaleHawkins
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 pm

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/24/ ... akajima/

They are not naming the new battery OEM yet but the max range battery may be 90 kWh and state the final specs are still subject to change.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm

GaleHawkins wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 pm
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/24/ ... akajima/

They are not naming the new battery OEM yet but the max range battery may be 90 kWh and state the final specs are still subject to change.
It actually sounds pretty good. And the biggy, over the air updates is included. Will it just be for bug fixes or actually new cool things like Tesla.

Time will tell.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

GaleHawkins
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:39 pm

webeleafowners wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm
GaleHawkins wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 pm
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/24/ ... akajima/

They are not naming the new battery OEM yet but the max range battery may be 90 kWh and state the final specs are still subject to change.
It actually sounds pretty good. And the biggy, over the air updates is included. Will it just be for bug fixes or actually new cool things like Tesla.

Time will tell.
Maybe they will be like Tesla updates since the prices are more like Tesla pricing.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: 2021 model year news or predictions.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:30 am

GaleHawkins wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:39 pm
webeleafowners wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm
GaleHawkins wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 pm
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/24/ ... akajima/

They are not naming the new battery OEM yet but the max range battery may be 90 kWh and state the final specs are still subject to change.
It actually sounds pretty good. And the biggy, over the air updates is included. Will it just be for bug fixes or actually new cool things like Tesla.

Time will tell.
Maybe they will be like Tesla updates since the prices are more like Tesla pricing.
Could be. I’m a huge leaf fan and quite frankly our 4 year leaf experience was the best car ownership experience we have ever had. Our Tesla has big shoes to fill. But after four years it was still the same car we bought 4 years before. In 6 ish months of Tesla ownership our model 3 has changed so much. New features, improvements on others. The car changes every 2 or 3 weeks. Personally I think over the air updates will become an important selling point once people figure out what that means.

I like the look of the Ariya better than the model Y. If it features out like a model Y it would be a great alternative. Hopefully it has a towing capacity like the Y as well.

Jmho.

John.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”