First Public Charger in San Diego 6/16 Show up to Support!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyleaf

There will be a press conference, details below. They want as many Leaf's as possible to show to demonstrate the need for the chargers! How bout it guys? Big turnout?

SAVE THE DATE
ECOtality, Inc. Press Conference Event
Thursday, June 16, 2011
10:30 AM
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park
San Diego, CA

ECOtality, Inc.,
the leader in clean electric transportation technologies and project manager for The EV Project
– the nation’s largest deployment of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure in history -
would be honored by your presence
to mark the rollout of commercial installations.

ECOtality will showcase its Blink Pedestal Commercial Charging System for the first time in the San Diego region at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park. The Blink commercial locations form a critical component of the rich charging public infrastructure ECOtality will develop to create a seamless EV charging network as project manager of the EV Project.

ECOtality is pleased to be joined by San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E), the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG), the City of San Diego and key regional partners and other area stakeholders that have played an important role in developing its smart deployment plan.

ECOtality’s EV Project is the largest electric vehicle infrastructure project ever undertaken and will deliver nearly 14,000 residential and commercial chargers and 300-400 DC fast charge ports to 18 cities and metropolitan areas in six states and the District of Columbia. For more information on the EV Project, please visit http://www.theevproject.com.

http://www.blinknetwork.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added by Randy at Andy Hoskinson's request:

If you are going to attend this event, please rsvp to Jan Helbing at [email protected]

This is get so they can get a head count, and also so they can provide you with additional details before the event...

Thanks, Randy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And all of you who bring a LEAF with QC ... (sorry I am too far away) ... Silently stand in unison and point to your QC port ... might that be a HINT HINT to ECTY to HURRY UP AND INSTALL THOSE QC STATION ALREAY !!!! :x

Thanks Leon. I will be there! (and could probably use a little help to get back home)

Is there a map available showing which lot to use?

I'm only 1/2 a mile away, but will be out of town. Bummer-

But I am so, so excited that we finally have our first public use charger!

smkettner said:
That is 82 miles one way for me. Can I reserve it all day ;)

84 freeway miles for me from Irvine. Too iffy, but I'd love to have come to show support. At least there are a lot of enthusiastic LEAFers in SD, so I'm guessing that there'll be good support showing up. I'd be happy to come to the first one in O'side or Leucadia, though. :)

Thanks Leon,
If all goes well I will be picking up my Leaf at your store in Escondido that day. Keep your fingers crossed!

Boomer23 said:
smkettner said:
That is 82 miles one way for me. Can I reserve it all day ;)

84 freeway miles for me from Irvine. Too iffy, but I'd love to have come to show support. At least there are a lot of enthusiastic LEAFers in SD, so I'm guessing that there'll be good support showing up. I'd be happy to come to the first one in O'side or Leucadia, though. :)

Andy said something about a DC fast charger ON Camp Pendleton by the end of October. :D

As I posted at the bottom of Leon's original post above,

If you are going to attend this event, please rsvp to Jan Helbing at [email protected]

This is get so they can get a head count, and also so they can provide you with additional details before the event...

Thanks, Randy

We need a way to ID other MNL forum members at the event.

Not sure if they'll be handing out name tags from the registered name list, but if they do, we could put an asterisk next to our name and that could be the start of a conversation with another forum member....

Any other ideas to ID members?

Randy

RevBrent said:
I'm only 1/2 a mile away, but will be out of town. Bummer-
Our Leaf will be very close that day--at Balboa Naval Hospital--but unable to attend due to a time conflict. My wife will be taking her mother to a doctor appt. at the same time as this event, unfortunately.

Glad to see some progress being made on infrastructure, though. It's about time. Leafs are starting to become ubiquitous--I saw 3 on the road yesterday!

We NEED the L3 units, though. Let's go Ecotality!

TT

Great news! I've RSVP'd to Jan and my wife and I will be driving our white Leaf in from Alpine ~32 miles one way for us.

Back