Delivery of July/August 2011 orders (for MY 2012) Tier 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

It looks like the earliest Tier 2 deliveries will start coming in during the month of November but the Nissan LEAF ordering site states +/- 15 days so perhaps we may see something earlier (maybe even mid-October)?

As the Tier 1 cars have their own thread let's see who will get the first 2012's to roll off the boat -- will it be Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Washington, D.C. ?

Remember, not an 'orphan' 2011 but a 2012; post your actual delivery date here if you're in a Tier 2 state and have accepted delivery on your 2012 Nissan LEAF, would also be great to see Tier 2 order holders to list if their order status changes from 'November 2011' to an actual date here as we wait ...

It does appear that all, or nearly all, of us who ordered in July and August have November and December estimated delivery dates. I'd be extremely surprised if any 2012s show up in October, since there are only 5 1/2 weeks left until October 31st.

But, it will be interesting to see who gets a 2012 first.

I'll just be happy if I can take delivery of mine before the end of the year.

i wonder what the earliest confirmed order is for tier 2 ?

I completed mine on 07/28/2011

Congratulations, your order for a Nissan LEAF™ has now been confirmed. We'd like to thank you for your business and for supporting our goal of making electric driving a reality for everyone.

We're looking forward to seeing you out on the road in your Nissan LEAF.

=================================================
Your order info:
Ordered on: 07/28/2011

Silver SL
reserved 04/20/2010
ordered confirmed via RAQ 07/28/2011

Right now I have "month of November"

anyone complete and confirm an order before 07/28 ?

rnkepler said:
Did you check your delivery date? I have my VIN as well now and the delivery date changed to week of November 8th.

so far it looks like NC has the earliest Tier 2 delivery date at 11/08/11 ... no VIN or Carwings notification yet for me but did finalize my EVSE solution (Schneider -- great deal with Home Depot) and hope/expect install of 'charger' on 10/7

Yup as of this am, Delivery changed from "month of" to week of November 8th

carwings enabled
owners portal
pre purchase check list

So first week of November give or take

wonder how cold it will be here in N va?

sarahnc said:
Mine used to say month of November, but now says month of december. Bummer!
Sorry to hear that. Mine is the reverse. Used to be December, now it is November.

kmp647 said:
Wow would it take that long to make the way to the east coast from the port?

is it 30 plus days from port to dealer?

Depends on if they have to clean pollen off the cars :)

Seriously though, the port process takes awhile, then they'll have to ship them across the country, but this is all assuming they are on that ship. But from what I remember, the VIN usually came just as the ship was a day away from port.

sarahnc said:
Mine used to say month of November, but now says month of december. Bummer!

Perhaps Nissan will give up some allocation of the new '12's to us Tier 2 customers as 'sarahnc' appears to be in a Tier 1 (CA) state and has their delivery pushed out a month? -- would be curious if ANY '12's show first in Tier 1 states versus Tier 2 -- any Tier 1 customer who gets a '12 is welcome to share here as it may give us some clue as to expected delivery patterns for the model changeover -- I still think there are some '11's 'in the pipeline' as these have been coming in to Tier 1 state customers as well as Tier 2 for dealer demo vehicles

kpm647 -

Awesome to hear that you have got carwings enabled and a VIN# assigned. I wish we were in the same situation. We are still waiting to hear anything regarding our expected Dec. delivery date.

We just got a good quote from a local electrician so I am excited to exercise the cash and carry option with AV and have our EVSE delivered soon for install.

kayne

I think I'm getting one of the last '11s. I was moved to the back of the line for changing my order. Deliver date was always week of Oct.14th. Then a week ago moved to 13th and today it said 10th. 5 month wait after order plus the months waiting to reserve. Some waited even longer.

redLEAF said:
I still think there are some '11's 'in the pipeline' as these have been coming in to Tier 1 state customers as well as Tier 2 for dealer demo vehicles

The demo vehicle my dealer received a few weeks ago (Tier 2) has over 11 thousand miles on it; I think it was a test-fleet vehicle or something like that.

In Florida, reserved Sept 2010; Ordered and confirmed 7/29/11. Estimated delivery did say 'month of November'. Last week (Sunday I think), it changed to 'week of November 1st' (YES!) I have a VIN :D and Carwings enabled.

Charging station was installed Friday -- just waiting on my car! :)

echinds said:
In Florida, reserved Sept 2011; Ordered and confirmed 7/29/11. Estimated delivery did say 'month of November'. Last week (Sunday I think), it changed to 'week of November 1st' (YES!) I have a VIN :D and Carwings enabled.

Charging station was installed Friday -- just waiting on my car! :)

Looks like FL may beat VA by a week for Tier 2 -- !! still no update for me other than 'month of Novemeber' :cry: , did beat the price increase on the Schneider EVSE and it will be up and running this Friday so come on Nissan let's see an update for IL owners as well !!

I wonder if the cars bound for Florida dealers are coming into a southern port or train depot and that is the reason they are a week ahead of Va ?

Back