leaf4me
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:57 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 17131
Location: Endicott, NY (Upstate NY)

2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 pm

In comparing the Owner's Manuals for the 2011 LEAF and the 2012 LEAF, I noticed that the VSP Off Switch is no longer shown or mentioned. I wonder if it has been removed for the 2012 model year?

Steve

User avatar
Spies
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 am
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0255
Location: Foster City, CA

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:01 pm

I am not surprised if it turns out that it is no longer available on the 2012 Leaf. I would also not be surprised at all to find that a future software update to the 2011 Leaf disables the VSP off switch as a result of the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of 2010 too.
Green Honda EV Plus 02/1998-12/2003 plate "ZERO CO2" rip, Aptera 2e #726 canceled
Blue Nissan Leaf SL loaded reserved 04/20/2010 ordered 08/31/2010 EVSE Blink #182
CARWINGS Nickname Theres233, should be Spies

rnkepler
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:09 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Oct 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I've been meaning to look up in the manual where it is because I thought there was supposed to be a switch in the cluster with the immediate charge button. Guess I can stop worrying about it.

kmp647
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:00 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Nov 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:55 pm

They should have put an electric charge port open switch in its place
2012 SL Leaf
order 07/28/2011
took delivery 11/11/11
47,000 miles 10 bars 211 gids
Turned back into Nissan 12/31/14 @ 50,000 miles
BMW i3 rex 24 month lease
2017 BMW X540e phev
Tesla model 3 reservation

kmp647
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:00 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Nov 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Or just made it so if the car is off and you push and hold the immediate charge button the charg port door opens!
2012 SL Leaf
order 07/28/2011
took delivery 11/11/11
47,000 miles 10 bars 211 gids
Turned back into Nissan 12/31/14 @ 50,000 miles
BMW i3 rex 24 month lease
2017 BMW X540e phev
Tesla model 3 reservation

kmp647
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:00 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Nov 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:57 pm

rnkepler wrote:I've been meaning to look up in the manual where it is because I thought there was supposed to be a switch in the cluster with the immediate charge button. Guess I can stop worrying about it.

What else is different?

How does that heated wheel feel?
2012 SL Leaf
order 07/28/2011
took delivery 11/11/11
47,000 miles 10 bars 211 gids
Turned back into Nissan 12/31/14 @ 50,000 miles
BMW i3 rex 24 month lease
2017 BMW X540e phev
Tesla model 3 reservation

LEAFfan
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855
Location: Phoenix Area

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:01 pm

leaf4me wrote:In comparing the Owner's Manuals for the 2011 LEAF and the 2012 LEAF, I noticed that the VSP Off Switch is no longer shown or mentioned. I wonder if it has been removed for the 2012 model year?
Steve
Have you heard the VSP yet? I can barely hear the front one even with my windows down, and the back-up one isn't that bad either...very unobtrusive.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

User avatar
TickTock
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 pm
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 3626
Location: Queen Creek, Arizona
Contact: Website

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

LEAFfan wrote:
leaf4me wrote:In comparing the Owner's Manuals for the 2011 LEAF and the 2012 LEAF, I noticed that the VSP Off Switch is no longer shown or mentioned. I wonder if it has been removed for the 2012 model year?
Steve
Have you heard the VSP yet? I can barely hear the front one even with my windows down, and the back-up one isn't that bad either...very unobtrusive.
This isn't my experience. My wife says it sounds like an airplane landing (in a cool way, but also a loud way). Backup, too. I always feel embarrassed whenever I am backing up around people (only recently realized the VSP button also turns the backup off - hey, I'm a little slow OK?). If the disable button is removed on the next model, I think a LOT more people will be considering more permanent options.

habu
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 am
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 7472

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:48 pm

The heated steering wheel feels nice and toasty as do the seats on cars here in Canada

rnkepler
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:09 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Oct 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: 2012 VSP Off switch gone?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:25 pm

kmp647 wrote:
rnkepler wrote:I've been meaning to look up in the manual where it is because I thought there was supposed to be a switch in the cluster with the immediate charge button. Guess I can stop worrying about it.

What else is different?

How does that heated wheel feel?
I never spent much time at all around the 2011 model but I doubt there's much change. Apparently the VSP button has been removed and other than that the only thing I noticed between my car and the dealer demo (2011) was that they had small zero emission badges on the front doors.

Not sure the VSP button really matters since I haven't heard the forward noise while in the car and the backup noise is noticeable but minimal. Even driving around parking lots with lots of pedestrians around, I haven't seen anyone turning there head to see what that noise was.

I think they've tightened up the steering as well, although I'd have to take a test drive in a demo to be sure.

It was in the low 50s and raining when we took her home so we definitely appreciated the heated seats and steering wheel. You can feel the heat on the steering wheel cycle on and off. There's also only one button for rear seat heater.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”