walterbays
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: 9/17/13: ECOtality files for bankrupcy and gets Nissan l

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 am

Levenkay wrote: How do the stations continue to break at a high rate, unless someone fixes them?
Maybe I'm exaggerating the rate. Every time I look on plugshare or on MNL I see another Blink station newly reported as down, and I've never seen one newly reported as repaired. I visited a station that used to work and now it's broken. Eventually they will run out of working stations to break down - except I bet before that happens they will sell the charging business to someone else and take another few million dollars in executive bonuses.

QueenBee
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:08 pm

walterbays wrote:
Levenkay wrote: How do the stations continue to break at a high rate, unless someone fixes them?
Maybe I'm exaggerating the rate. Every time I look on plugshare or on MNL I see another Blink station newly reported as down, and I've never seen one newly reported as repaired. I visited a station that used to work and now it's broken. Eventually they will run out of working stations to break down - except I bet before that happens they will sell the charging business to someone else and take another few million dollars in executive bonuses.
Obviously a regional thing but we are getting things repaired in Seattle area. For example one of our Blink DCQCs just got a pair of the new Yazaki "gun" connectors.

JeremyW
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 19136

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:02 pm

QueenBee wrote:Obviously a regional thing but we are getting things repaired in Seattle area. For example one of our Blink DCQCs just got a pair of the new Yazaki "gun" connectors.
Picture of that?! :)
Former 2012 SL leasee 6/23/12 - 9/23/15
Former Fit EV leasee.
Now driving Spark EV and Model 3.

QueenBee

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:52 pm

JeremyW wrote:
QueenBee wrote:Obviously a regional thing but we are getting things repaired in Seattle area. For example one of our Blink DCQCs just got a pair of the new Yazaki "gun" connectors.

I realize not a user friendly response to your question but: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattle ... 750277198/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

johnrhansen
Delivery Date: 15 Jun 2013
Leaf Number: 409445

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 pm

I charged up for 35 minutes at the renton ikea and when I got black the plug was a whole lot hotter than I would like it to be. I realized that there is a danger charging up at stations that are not well maintained. I could burn out the charging socket on my car! I'm not likely to use a blink charging station again.
2013 S model with quick charge package.
AV 30 amp level 2 EVSE, Bosch PowerMax 30 Amp EVSE, EVSE upgraded EVSE.

gmikol

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:12 am

QueenBee wrote:
JeremyW wrote:
I realize not a user friendly response to your question but: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattle ... 750277198/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's a more user-friendly option, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, since not everyone (like me) has a FB account. And why the heck does the Seattle nissan leaf group feel the need to have their page not public?

Old connector:
http://charge.yazaki-group.com/english/ ... utlet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Connector:
http://charge.yazaki-group.com/english/ ... t_neo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--G

QueenBee

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 pm

gmikol wrote: Here's a more user-friendly option, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, since not everyone (like me) has a FB account. And why the heck does the Seattle nissan leaf group feel the need to have their page not public?
Thanks, angry much though? It is open/public but FaceBook groups require a FaceBook account to view them, nothing we can do to change that.

GRA

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:29 pm

gmikol wrote:Here's a more user-friendly option, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, since not everyone (like me) has a FB account. And why the heck does the Seattle nissan leaf group feel the need to have their page not public?

Old connector:
http://charge.yazaki-group.com/english/ ... utlet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Connector:
http://charge.yazaki-group.com/english/ ... t_neo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--G
Gee, it only took two years of customers pointing out the flaws in the original design to get the new one - they'll be giving Tesla some competition any year now! :roll: Snark aside, the new one looks much better.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Looks less expensive as well.
Designing a system with a plug that costs over $2500 all by itself seems pretty short sighted.
Glad to see the new one
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

QueenBee

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:58 pm

QueenBee wrote:
walterbays wrote:
Obviously a regional thing but we are getting things repaired in Seattle area. For example one of our Blink DCQCs just got a pair of the new Yazaki "gun" connectors.
Here's a message sent out by the company doing repairs on our Blinks:

"Car Charging Group is getting Blinks back online. How do I know? EV Support is now part of the tech support team!

Yesterday we fixed the DCQC at Bellvue College. I recall trying to use the right-hand unit months ago and it didn't work. Apparently it's been out all this time, because the College made a laminated 'out of order' sign for it. Well, it turns out that there was a relay that was unplugged, and sitting next to its socket, probably since the thing was installed. Both sides are working now, and we replaced the Chademo plugs. The new ones are much improved with a thumb button activating the latch instead of that stupid lever, and they weigh about half as much as the old ones. All the DCQC's will be getting new plugs. We also fixed the touch screen in the right hand L2 unit up in the parking garage.

I will send updates as we get these repaired. Apparently there are 100 on the ASAP list, and we will eventually be visiting them all.

The Bellevue Fred Meyer DCQC install was completed back in August, but its service was never connected to PSE. I will be investigating and will send an update when I have info."

-- Jeremy Smithson, EV Support, a div. of Puget Sound Solar LLC

Return to “Blink”