jcesare
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1290

Re: Blink Mailer/Poster

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm

LakeLeaf wrote:
jcesare wrote: Mine was installed on Wednesday. That day they had two teams in North County San Diego each installing two a day. The electrician (who is from Orange County) told me they have 160 scheduled to be installed in April.
2 teams x 2 installs /team /day x 30 days in April = 120 possible installs.

Me thinks they need another team!
160 was for the whole company. They have more than two teams. They also are doing OC installs.
Leaf eTec Blue Ocean
Reserved 6/25/10
EVProject approved 1/06/11
Blink EVSE Installed 4/6/11 (Separate meter, ethernet connection)
Ordered 1/25/11 Delivered 4/20/2011

TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 pm

evnow wrote:Well, private businesses do what tey do - spend some $ on marketing. Doesn't matter whether govt funds are involved or not. Nissan sent quite a few of these as well ...
Maybe I misunderstood but this appears to be a mailer to people who are or will be given free chargers under a government contract that Americans are paying for. This is not the usual private business/customer relationship by any stretch of the imagination. Ex; why "market" to your captive customer who is not really a customer anyways? Marketing is to drum up new business to attract money you don't have yet. I would like to think that this Marketing material is from Blink company funds and not paid for from our taxpayers money that should be for charger installations. It would be great to know how these frills are being paid for and what it is supposed to accomplish.
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 pm

jcesare wrote:They also are doing OC installs.
:arrow: Under the Eco/Blink contract :?: :?: :?: I must be living under a rock or something. When did they add Orange County to the EV Project?
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

Jimmydreams
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm

LakeLeaf wrote:
jcesare wrote: Mine was installed on Wednesday. That day they had two teams in North County San Diego each installing two a day. The electrician (who is from Orange County) told me they have 160 scheduled to be installed in April.

IIRC, wasn't EVP supposed to have something like 1600 charging stations installed in San Diego County by May? And right now, their count is.....(drum roll please).........ZERO!
:evil:

Being behind the power curve seems to be a theme with the EVP.
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

syntaxerror

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Jimmydreams wrote:
LakeLeaf wrote:

IIRC, wasn't EVP supposed to have something like 1600 charging stations installed in San Diego County by May? And right now, their count is.....(drum roll please).........ZERO!
:evil:

Being behind the power curve seems to be a theme with the EVP.
Last October Ecotality spouted the following lies with respect to the San Diego market:
  • 1,450 Public L2 Evses in San Diego to be installed between "November 2010 through June 2011"!
    1,000+ Private participant chargers
    60 DC L3s.
To all those Ecotality employees reading this, the infidels are getting pissed! I purchased my vehicle with the notion that I'm a participant in this project and would like you to live up to your end of the bargain. I'm pretty fed up with your company, and don't even think about mailing a piece of this propaganda!

On this note does anyone have an DOE contact? I would like to send a letter. Maybe we can start campaigning for the DOE to lean on Ecotality?

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Tue May 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Now they send a mail offering to let you opt out. At least they are reading what we write here.
We've been listening...

Occasionally, all of us here at Blink would like to send you promotional materials to show our appreciation and excitement for your participation in The EV Project.

Recently we sent a poster and certificate to our first wave of EV Project participants. The posters, certificates, and envelopes were all made from recyclable materials and soy based inks.

A lot of positive feedback came through regarding our first wave of mailers, but we also heard from a few of you with concerns on how we are utilizing resources.

We heard what you had to say, and we listened. Then we got together and decided to rethink the way we use our resources.

As a result, we have become more dedicated to using eco-friendly materials and resources internally as well as externally (like when printing, packaging, and mailing marketing materials to you).

And although we still want to show our appreciation to you, we don’t want to offend you either.

If you would like to opt out of receiving physical promotional materials, please complete this Promotional Opt Out form. We will make sure you don’t receive any more promotional materials in the mail.

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming!
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

wsbca
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Tue May 10, 2011 5:36 pm

evnow wrote:Now they send a mail offering to let you opt out. At least they are reading what we write here.
And/or what people wrote them directly about the mailers.

When I click on the opt-out link I get taken to a google docs landing page that says I need permission to access
the item, with a button to request access...not a particularly smooth presentation.
I was promised a jet pack!

EVDRIVER

Tue May 10, 2011 5:49 pm

wsbca wrote:
evnow wrote:Now they send a mail offering to let you opt out. At least they are reading what we write here.
And/or what people wrote them directly about the mailers.

When I click on the opt-out link I get taken to a google docs landing page that says I need permission to access
the item, with a button to request access...not a particularly smooth presentation.

More brilliant marketing execution like the limited edition signed piece of cardboard:)

Gonewild
Delivery Date: 18 May 2011
Leaf Number: 229

Tue May 10, 2011 7:02 pm

I got the email today but not package on Friday like you.
Over 25,300 miles Plus - Now Sold/ Lease given back to Nissan 8-25-2012
Ordered Glacier Pearl Nissan Leaf SL eTech Edition on 8/31, Delivered March 1, 2011