New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.5A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsbca

As noted in the 1.4A thread, new firmware out today. I was able to see that my unit was updated by logging in from blinknetwork.com, that's a good sign.

Looking forward to any details on what was fixed - I can't remember where the punch list came from for 1.4A, did someone receive it via email?

Our charger has been working fine, albeit a bit confused about whether it was charging or not in terms of what was on the display vs. what it was really doing. I'll keep an eye on that behavior tonight.

Fingers crossed for a sleep mode.

wsbca said:
Fingers crossed for a sleep mode.
Me, not so much. As an embedded software vet, I'd much rather they avoid new features until they get this thing a whole lot more stable than it seems to be now.

Only difference I have noted so far from 1.4 is that the Blink is back to saying "Charging" when plugged into the Leaf and not charging (using Leaf's timer).

DeaneG said:
Only difference I have noted so far from 1.4 is that the Blink is back to saying "Charging" when plugged into the Leaf and not charging (using Leaf's timer).
LOL. They rolled back a feature in the new version !

/they must have taken a cue from Nissan's A/C playbook <G>!

evnow said:
DeaneG said:
LOL. They rolled back a feature in the new version !

I was down to 3 bars today so when I got home, I plugged the EVSE PC board back in and started charging right away (i.e. during peak rates) because I'm not going to be up long enough to get a 5 hour charge in starting at 9pm.

Who do I send the bill to?

46 minutes and counting...

I still want my CC back.

DeaneG said:
Mine has also been upgraded to 1.5A.

When on Leaf's timer, it still says "Not Charging".

Re-checked mine, it still said "Charging" with car on timer hours after my post above. Rebooted the Blink, and now it correctly says "Not Charging".

So far, the 1.5A firmware (LAN hardwired) had a proper 'delayed charge' and a proper 'start charge' command. The LAN seems stable, but we shall see...

Carwings says charging - Blink says not charging. Who should I believe ?

update : Blink total charge just went up from 79.85 to 79.86. So I guess, Carwings is correct.

Also, Blink on intranet times out when I move between tabs. Hmmm ....

When I got home I checked the Blink and while the actual unit had the latest firmware listed, the Intranet page did not. I checked the Blink Network page and it had the latest firmware listed too...

I also was having issues with lagging pages so I rebooted the Blink.

When it came back up, everything had the correct firmware listed and all the pages moved smoothly again...

I don't understand why people are using the Blink timers. I have no problems of any kind and my wireless works great and charging is fine every time. I do know from many years of experience that many consumer grade wireless routers can have issues with some wifi connections, I only use commercial grade products to eliminate such issues.

I changed the timer on my Leaf to start charging to 80% at 8pm now instead of 0:50 and so far the Blink has been behaving nicely, i.e. it charges the car as intended. Maybe the finally got this problem fixed. I am currently only using one bar, so I havent seen it working flawless for hours, but the charge from 75% to 83% seems to work now.

At this point I should also say something nice about Blinks CS, they took quite some time (>1h) to discuss the problems I had with the Blink and even called me back to see if the new firmware was working better!

Back