How big of a backboard should I use for outside mounting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorSFGuy

Can a couple of you measure the dimensions of your wall that is being used by the Blink units as installed. I realize I had to agree to a minimum of 4'x2' being available but I would like to place a mounting board over the siding before the installation is done next week. My thought is 56" tall by 27" wide. This is based on Wall Mount of 22" high, 8" space and Cord Mount diameter of 18" plus 4" on all sides. My available width is 27" so I am filling that - in case some of you want to point out that the math doesn't work in that dimension. The installation manual suggests placing the display at 60" off the ground, but to me that seems too low. How high off the ground is the centerline of your display? That will help me place the board on the wall as I'm guessing the display centerline is about 8" from the top of the Wall Mount unit.

If any of you have done a similiar installation outside and can post a picture, that would be appreciated. Thanks

I have an outdoor Blink install, I provided a mounting area 20.5" wide running from 12" to 66" above the driveway. Everything fit snuggly but well. If you want to provide a bit of extra room, go 24" wide and up to 72" above grade.

Cheers, Wayne

I have a related favor. If someone can measure the dimensions of the 2 units (control and cord, including where the lag bolts are), that would help me figure out my mounting scheme. I'm going to be mounting on a fence, and need to add some back board equivalent, but I'm thinking of making it from several 2x4s or 2x6s in order to more closely match the fence. Any reason that's a bad idea?

Back