Blink Bonk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchner

Sometimes to get to my Blink via my laptop I have to connect to my router and refresh the DHCP leases to wake the Blink up. Not that big a deal but a red flag.

I've had two incidents in the month that I've had my Blink. It's scheduled to turn on at 12AM 7 days a week. Once it turned on early around 7:30 PM and I lost the 6 cents/kwh rate that day. Last night I get a text from my Leaf reporting charging stopped at 11:17PM when it never should have started. At 10 min after midnight I log into blink and it states 23 h and 50 m to charging. So I clicked on charge now and checked the Leaf via the portal to make sure it was charging. Had I missed that text I would have had a half empty battery today.

My conclusion is that the Blink software is buggy and later I will disable the blink timer and use the one built into the Leaf. End of story...

"My conclusion is that the Blink software is buggy and later I will disable the blink timer and use the one built into the Leaf. End of story..."

There you go. I've never used my Blink timer.....always use the Leaf timers. No problems whatsoever. My Leaf timer is set to activate @ midnight to 0600AM, 7 days a week, and charge to 80%.

Still haven't had any issues with my Blink since I switched it over from using the built-in wifi to using an ethernet to wifi adapter as well as using a dedicated IP address.

Running a weekday timer from 10pm to Midnight, then Midnight to 6:30am. Weekend timer from Midnight-Midnight. Always charges when it's supposed to!

davewill said:
Using a static IP does wonders for network reliability. The unit seems to really hammer a DHCP server.
I couldn't get my Blink to work with a static IP. It takes three or four refreshes even with DHCP to fetch an IP address, but it usually works. I have several devices on my network which work fine with static IP, but not the Blink.

derkraut said:
"My conclusion is that the Blink software is buggy and later I will disable the blink timer and use the one built into the Leaf. End of story..."

There you go. I've never used my Blink timer.....always use the Leaf timers. No problems whatsoever. My Leaf timer is set to activate @ midnight to 0600AM, 7 days a week, and charge to 80%.

I charge to 100% because the Leaf range is already marginal (just ask
Top Gear /sarcasm). You never know when you might need those extra miles. If I have to swap out my battery sooner, so be it.

davewill said:
Using a static IP does wonders for network reliability. The unit seems to really hammer a DHCP server.

Yup. So, I found a very stable work around for DHCP:

My current Wifi setting is such that my Wifi router renews DHCP addresses every hour. The BLINK has been very stable with this configuration. The hourly renewal does not cause any disruption to my Wifi stations.

Other observations is that using WEP is most stable as well. And, if you set the timers correctly for your personal circumstances, it does work well.

I am using BOTH timers concurrently:

1) BLINK timer setting are:
1. Weekday = 12:10am to 5:40am
2. Weekend = 12:10am to 5:40am

2) Carwings timer setting are:
1. 80% alternate days 6:00am start, 5:50am stop
2. 100% alternate days 6:00am start, 5:50am stop

The reason why I setup Carwings that way is so that when I am parked at public stations and charging, the charging does not get affected by unplugging me.

Now, occasionally I STILL get that yellow dialog box with that http error which I have to force a reboot on the Blink.

Back