ECOtality Level 2 charger : Blink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.blinknetwork.com/media/kit/Blink%20L2%20Wall%20Mount%20Charger.pdf

blinkl.png

I'll say one thing, though. It is BIG! Look at the photo in the pdf on page 2 under "Media" and "Residential Charger" that shows the Blink on the brick wall next to the small car. That thing is huge! We'll need significant wall space for the EVSE and cord coiling dock.....

Wall Mount: 18” W x 22” H x 5-9/16” D
Cord Mount: 18” Diameter

It is on the larger side. But look at the features ...

Code:
Charge circuit interruption device (CCID) with automatic test
Ground monitoring circuit
Nuisance-tripping avoidance and auto re-closure
Cold load pickup (randomized auto-restart following power outage)
Certified energy and demand metering
Wireless IEEE 802.11g
LAN capable
ZigBee SEP 1.0 capable
AMI interface capable
Web-based bi-directional data flow
Cord management system

mwalsh said:
You know what, I think I like this one best of all thus far. When do we get to hear about pricing for any of these other models though? :?:

The Leviton Evr-Green is way way smaller than this unit. They also have 32A 7.7kW capability and apparently it can "plug into the wall" assuming you have their kit installed.

not as stylish....but a nice size...

Coulomb Technologies aims to make electric vehicles mainstream by offering a home use version of its electric vehicle charging station which comes in the form of the CT500 Level II ChargePoint Networked Charging Station. It will deliver a 7.2 kw output and plays nice with Leviton's Evr-Green EVSE "plug-and-play" pre-wiring kit

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archive...me_use_electric_vehicle_charging_station.html

ct500.jpg

Now we need to know the prices of these units...

Gavin

I notice in the Blink's specs, the cable length is "18 feet (estimated)". I hope they will allow the NEC EVSE maximum of 25 feet, which will allow more flexibility in parking just outside a garage.

The extra length might make it more feasible to rig up a "swinging boom" device outside the garage to support the cable and keep it safe from being tripped over/walked into/etc. Any engineering inclined out there have some ideas for design? I think there might be a market...

Randy said:
I'll say one thing, though. It is BIG! Look at the photo in the pdf on page 2 under "Media" and "Residential Charger" that shows the Blink on the brick wall next to the small car. That thing is huge! We'll need significant wall space for the EVSE and cord coiling dock.....

Randy...I think the one in the photo could be the commercial size because the residential one is ONLY this small size: Wall Mount: 18” W x 22” H x 5-9/16” D
Cord Mount: 18” Diameter. Now, compare those figures with the eTec questionnaire: 2 ft. W X 4 ft. high (both together with a space between them) X 18" D. THIS is HUGE! :)

leaffan said:
Randy...I think the one in the photo could be the commercial size because the residential one is ONLY this small size: Wall Mount: 18” W x 22” H x 5-9/16” D
Cord Mount: 18” Diameter. Now, compare those figures with the eTec questionnaire: 2 ft. W X 4 ft. high (both together with a space between them) X 18" D. THIS is HUGE! :)

Wait - Ecotality is the new name of eTec !

eTec questionnaire talks about the space needed including clearance.

mxp said:
mwalsh said:
You know what, I think I like this one best of all thus far. When do we get to hear about pricing for any of these other models though? :?:

The Leviton Evr-Green is way way smaller than this unit. They also have 32A 7.7kW capability and apparently it can "plug into the wall" assuming you have their kit installed.

Ya, but at what price? I'll take the free one. :)

This link takes you to the demonstration of the new BLINK EV Charger that will be used by the EV Project.

http://i.engadget.com/2010/07/27/ecotality-and-frog-design-debut-eye-catching-blink-ev-chargers/

... and by the way, the two part unit may be mounted separately. The control panel can be mounted wherever it's convenient for access, and the reel holder/dock may be mounted convenient to the Nissan LEAF.

SilverLeaf said:
This link takes you to the demonstration of the new BLINK EV Charger that will be used by the EV Project.

http://i.engadget.com/2010/07/27/ecotality-and-frog-design-debut-eye-catching-blink-ev-chargers/
Thanks for posting that! Wonder if that's the EV project's EVSE...

Back