Anyone in San Diego with a Blink from Ecotality here?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tl01

We have a Blink charger installed by Ecotality. Does anyone know what happens if we can't complete the study and have to get rid of the car? Can it be transferred to someone else? Are we penalized? I asked Ecotality and they haven't given me an answer.

There are many of us here...
The answer you are seeking is in your ECOtality customer agreement. From memory, ECOtality would come out and remove your EVSE if you sold your car before the project is over. The EVSE is not yours to sell (before the project is over). After the project, ownership transfers to the residential customers...

In addition, if you sell the car before 3 years, you're supposed to return a pro-rated portion of your CA state rebate...

If you were to replace the car with another EV or PHEV, you'd likely be OK. Otherwise, it goes back to Ecotality as per the contract.

tl01 said:
We have a Blink charger installed by Ecotality. Does anyone know what happens if we can't complete the study and have to get rid of the car? Can it be transferred to someone else? Are we penalized? I asked Ecotality and they haven't given me an answer.

I thought you had to have a LEAF or a Volt to be in the EV project...Those were the available cars when the project started. Something like the Plug-in Prius would give different charging habit data...

YOU COULD LIKELY MAKE A CASE WITH THEM TO REMAIN IN WITH ONE OF THOSE BUT THERE IS NO TELLING... (Stupid Caps Lock!)

Randy said:
I thought you had to have a LEAF or a Volt to be in the EV project...Those were the available cars when the project started. Something like the Plug-in Prius would give different charging habit data...

Back