TrueSoln
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 pm

@49thdiver: Anchors away for me now ;-)

Good luck getting yours to work, how the messages help
Seen you video cool project working on.

mafify
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Sep 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 am

TrueSoln wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:44 pm
PDM #390: AC Voltage Detected: NoSignalQC
BMU 1DB: Voltage 375; KW 0; SOC 42;
PDM #390: AC Voltage Detected: 200V
BMU 1DB: Voltage 375; KW 6; SOC 48;
That's from decoding the 390 and 1DB messages
Can see SOC gone from 42 to 48 on leaf battery plugged in
And #390 message showing detected 200V input

I cant leave charging two long as no pluming setup and don't want to cook the inverter

Need to check logic for 0x55a Inverter Message
It has Temp readings for and got these values
Motor: 17 'c
Inverter:15 'c
IGBT:16'c
IGBT DRIVE:17'c
Curious question :D , The SOC is updating on the battery standalone? :shock:

TrueSoln
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:18 am

mafify wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 am
Curious question :D , The SOC is updating on the battery standalone? :shock:

The SOC and SOH comes from the BMU that's inside HV battery.
Lots people make up small loom to power it up and get can messages.

If you google will find wiring info to connect an odb2 plug to it and use leaf spy if wanted

TrueSoln
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:24 am

@mafify this example of cable but easy to make if have plugs. Lots info about on pin outs

https://evsenhanced.com/product/obd2-to ... y-adapter/

Round plug is different between Gen 1 and gen 2

mafify
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Sep 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am

TrueSoln wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:24 am
@mafify this example of cable but easy to make if have plugs. Lots info about on pin outs

https://evsenhanced.com/product/obd2-to ... y-adapter/

Round plug is different between Gen 1 and gen 2
I am getting the 55B messages from the BMS already, but it doesn't update. That is my main issue. Tried to send 50B, 1F2, 1D4, 11A and 50C.
What I think is there is a certain msg from the VCM that keep the BMS updating values

Only worked on the 24kWh but no response from the AZE01 30,40 and 62 kWh.

dala is helping me so far in that thread: viewtopic.php?p=611329#p611329

TrueSoln
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 pm

mafify wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am
I am getting the 55B messages from the BMS already,
but it doesn't update.

What I think is there is a certain msg from the VCM that keep the BMS updating values
My battery is on its own Can bus line so only reading info from it
Nothing sent to it and SOC updates go up as battery charges is what im seeing

You may find need to charge some time to get a SOC change
But kw value changed when power getting to it so can look for that.

I dont have a NISSAN VCM so nothing keeping any values
Just a battery on own CAN line,
With Motor, Inverter, PDM/OBC

Did you check you have all wiring correct
Pin 29 & 30 going to correct pins on the charger port
I put info back a few pages
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30915&start=120

mafify
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Sep 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm

TrueSoln wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 pm
mafify wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am
I am getting the 55B messages from the BMS already,
but it doesn't update.

What I think is there is a certain msg from the VCM that keep the BMS updating values
My battery is on its own Can bus line so only reading info from it
Nothing sent to it and SOC updates go up as battery charges is what im seeing

You may find need to charge some time to get a SOC change
But kw value changed when power getting to it so can look for that.

I dont have a NISSAN VCM so nothing keeping any values
Just a battery on own CAN line,
With Motor, Inverter, PDM/OBC

Did you check you have all wiring correct
Pin 29 & 30 going to correct pins on the charger port
I put info back a few pages
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30915&start=120
So a quick recap, I have 24, 30, 40 and 62 kWh packs. when I send the 50B wake up signal , I can make SOC updates on only 24 and 30 kWh. It failed on the 40 and 62 kWh and I both backs are a ZE1 2018+ model

Also, for me to see the SOC update, I have a discharge and charge system at 20 Amp which can change the SOC in very high range. I can see the voltage updates as expected

mafify
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Sep 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Another question too :D . So I only have the +IGN and the +12 to power the BMS. 3 relays which is Neg, Pos, Pre and 1 ground. last is the CAN H and CAN L. To charge and discharge the battery, there is a high terminal connected to the system that discharge and charge the battery.
I can't use this two pins as you mentioned with the charger port because there is no one :( . what do they actually does, do they tell the BMS that battery is charging? :shock:

TrueSoln
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:05 pm

mafify wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm
I can't use this two pins as you mentioned with the charger port because there is no one
Think they are can bus messages from charger plugged in to port.
Won't work with out

mafify
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Sep 2018

Re: Stand alone OBC/PDModule EV system Can 2015

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:15 pm

TrueSoln wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:05 pm
mafify wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm
I can't use this two pins as you mentioned with the charger port because there is no one
Think they are can bus messages from charger plugged in to port.
Won't work with out
so, it's another CAN interface from the charger to the BMS, So I need another CAN interface to flow data in these two pins to get updates than :idea:

Return to “LEAF CANBus”