nightshade
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2018

Re: Disable VSP sound by software

leaflarsen wrote:Is it possible to disable the beeping sound when drivers door is open ?
I want to know also!! It will be the best option ever!!!
alozzy
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Disabling the "door ajar" chime should be easy - just remove the screw that holds the switch in place to get at it.

I would guess that the switch is in the closed position when the plunger is up, which causes the chime to activate. So, you just need to figure out how to keep the switch in the open position all the time. Probably a small piece of electrical tape, applied to the right contact, would do that. Otherwise, you can likely just unplug the wire...
Vancouver, CA owner of a 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Loving my first BEV :D
chennu
Delivery Date: 15 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4145

Has anyone tried this successfully on a 2022 model? I have a leaf s plus and connected up via wifi-obdii adapter. scrolled to the service settings and toggled all the sound buttons, but my car still makes those annoying beeps.
am i doing it wrong? or did they change something on the 2022s?
jaja06
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 407604

chennu wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:16 pm Has anyone tried this successfully on a 2022 model? I have a leaf s plus and connected up via wifi-obdii adapter. scrolled to the service settings and toggled all the sound buttons, but my car still makes those annoying beeps.
am i doing it wrong? or did they change something on the 2022s?
I’m wondering the same thing. When I try to disable any sound on my 2022, it just starts right back up again a few seconds later.
22 SV with Tech in transit
13 SV 81k miles, sold 2021
chennu

so I ended up wrapping the speakers with some foam and lots of black gaffer tape (no residue kind). It substantially reduces the sound output. the car sounds like my 2011 Leaf used to sound (volume wise)
RGOLD
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2022

chennu wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:00 am so I ended up wrapping the speakers with some foam and lots of black gaffer tape (no residue kind). It substantially reduces the sound output. the car sounds like my 2011 Leaf used to sound (volume wise)
How did you get access to the speakers? The bumper gap is very narrow.
chennu

i got my teenager to do the taping. Her hands are a lot narrower and smaller than mine. Even so, she ended up with some scrapes. She was a good sport about it :-)
jt123

sorry to resurrect this old thread, but i have a few questions that is related to the VSP menu in LeafSpy Pro:

- beyond the checkboxes for the enable/disable sounds, two buttons appear once the VSP settings are "ready" to be changed (i.e. no "not supported error"). one is a horn/speaker and the other is... i'm not sure what it is... what do these buttons do?

- if the settings to turn on/off the various sound work and appears to have been stored correctly, but the actual sounds don't come back on (either external or internal), whats the best way to troubleshoot? i'm seeing that the light on the dash (near the airbag light) will function accordingly and light up when external sounds are off, and turn off when they are supposedly on. however, the external vehicle sounds do not play at all (low speed whine or backup beeps). i manage to *sometimes* get the car startup chime to work from inside the car, but that doesn't always work either.
2014 SL

Return to “LEAF CANBus”