actibus
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2014

Re: Discuss Tire Registration function of Battery App

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 am

Will this work to register new TPMS sensor?
I'm might order this set: http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sensors ... ensors-SET" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if I can register them with the Leaf Pro app

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 am

FYI, I ordered a set of these, and they worked perfectly:
Premium DPAccessories TPMS Sensor, DP-TPMS-4, 315 Mhz, W/ Silver Aluminum Valve Stem, Tire Pressure System Monitor, $29.50 & free shipping
2012 Black SV, bought 2012-04-04, sold 2019-05-10. 7 bars, 101,850 miles.
Current rides: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2018 Chevrolet Volt LT

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

actibus wrote:Will this work to register new TPMS sensor?
I'm might order this set: http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sensors ... ensors-SET" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if I can register them with the Leaf Pro app
As long as they are compatible with the Leaf then they can be registered. It is the Leaf that does the registration. Leaf Spy Pro only tells the Leaf to start a registration process.

actibus
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2014

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks both of you

ttweed
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:35 am

actibus wrote:Will this work to register new TPMS sensor?
FWIW, I had good luck ordering Titan sensors from oewheels for my Porsche. They worked fine and were a fraction of the cost of OEM sensors from the dealer.
YMMV,
TT
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA
Plowshare Media
2011 SLe #1317 del. 4/1/11
1st bar lost at 31,953 miles
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles
4th bar lost at 59,758 miles after 64 months
Battery replaced at 61,307 miles.

bryand
Delivery Date: 28 Sep 2014

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm using LeafSpy Pro v0.35.39 with a Nexus 7 tablet on my 2014 UK-built Leaf.
Most of LeafSpy works fine, but the tyre registration is completely dead - the setup page just shows a string of zeros for every wheel and the calibration is never flagged as complete. This suggests that the tablet isn't receiving anything from the sensors.
However, when I adjust the tyre pressures for LeafSpy's calibration procedure, the Leaf picks up the low pressures on the rear wheels and flags a problem, so the wheels seem to be doing their thing OK.
Also, when I use Leaf Stat on an iPad Air using a WiFi dongle, I get a numeric value for each tyre pressure. So it seems the iPad can receive the wheel's transmissions, but the Android devices can't, whether using a Bluetooth or a WiFi dongle (I have tried 2 other Android devices - same result).
I think European TPMS sensors work on a different frequency to US ones - is that the problem?.
Is there a workround for the problem?

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:53 pm

bryand wrote:I think European TPMS sensors work on a different frequency to US ones - is that the problem?
Entirely possible. In fact, I'd say it was almost a certainty.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 86,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:27 pm

bryand wrote:I'm using LeafSpy Pro v0.35.39 with a Nexus 7 tablet on my 2014 UK-built Leaf.
Most of LeafSpy works fine, but the tyre registration is completely dead - the setup page just shows a string of zeros for every wheel and the calibration is never flagged as complete. This suggests that the tablet isn't receiving anything from the sensors.
However, when I adjust the tyre pressures for LeafSpy's calibration procedure, the Leaf picks up the low pressures on the rear wheels and flags a problem, so the wheels seem to be doing their thing OK.
Also, when I use Leaf Stat on an iPad Air using a WiFi dongle, I get a numeric value for each tyre pressure. So it seems the iPad can receive the wheel's transmissions, but the Android devices can't, whether using a Bluetooth or a WiFi dongle (I have tried 2 other Android devices - same result).
I think European TPMS sensors work on a different frequency to US ones - is that the problem?.
Is there a workround for the problem?
The TPMS in each wheel talk to the Leaf not the Android or iOS device. The wheels talk to the Leaf and Leaf Spy and Leaf Stat read the data from the Leaf.

You stated that Leaf Spy can pick up the low pressure on the rear wheels and flags a problem which to me means Leaf Spy is displaying each wheel's PSI value. Then you state that Leaf Stat also displays each wheel's PSI value. From this you then draw the conclusion that iPad can receive wheel transmissions and android devices can not. That does not make any sense. You just said that both Leaf Spy and Leaf Stat displayed PSI values so they both are capable of displaying data from the wheels. What am I miss here?

When you do the tire registration you need to drive the Leaf for 5 to 10 minutes with the correct tire pressures for it to work. If it failed you should get a dash error light and neither Leaf Spy nor Leaf Stat will be able to read the wheel PSI values. You seem to be saying that you are still able to read the PSI values so either you did not actually run the tire registration or it worked.

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:54 am

Turbo3 wrote:You stated that Leaf Spy can pick up the low pressure on the rear wheels and flags a problem
Actually, he said that the *Leaf* picks up the low pressure.

bryand is touching on a bunch of different things, but it's not clear what state he's starting in. If you've started the calibration procedure, and never finished it, then the Leaf will be in a state where it does not recognize any of the TPMS sensors, and it will be displaying a problem the entire time. So let's start here. bryand, did you actually begin the calibration procedure? Did you finish it? Is the car showing any TPMS warning lights? Are your tires now inflated to proper values, or do you still have them at the values required for calibration?

If the car is in a normal, running state with no warning lights, then run Leaf Spy. Don't start the calibration though, just run the program normally. When run this way, does it display tire pressures?
2012 Black SV, bought 2012-04-04, sold 2019-05-10. 7 bars, 101,850 miles.
Current rides: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2018 Chevrolet Volt LT

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:11 am

Turbo3 wrote:When you do the tire registration you need to drive the Leaf for 5 to 10 minutes with the correct tire pressures for it to work.
Correct pressures is critical point.
I was using very good quality dial gauge for setting dead equal pressures between two tires.
But the precision of the sensors is not all that great and I had to adjust so the sensors were reading the required registration process pressures.
Would not register with short slow speed less than half mile drive in the subdivision.
Required about 2 mile plus drive around the block.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

Return to “LEAF CANBus”