Page 173 of 207

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 pm
by donyjunk
OK thanks. Do I have to manually disconnect the bluetooth link to the android phone, or is moving out of range enough (or will it vary by manufacturer)? Is it just that those other BLE adapter IDs are not yet in the Android version, or that the implementation is harder/easier for some adapters than others?
Turbo3 wrote: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... af_Spy_Pro
If a Bluetooth 4.x adapter is not listed but is listed as supported on the iOS version it just means the adapter default to normal Bluetooth mode (not BLE) when connecting to an Android device.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 pm
by Turbo3
donyjunk wrote:OK thanks. Do I have to manually disconnect the bluetooth link to the android phone, or is moving out of range enough (or will it vary by manufacturer)? Is it just that those other BLE adapter IDs are not yet in the Android version, or that the implementation is harder/easier for some adapters than others?
Turbo3 wrote: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... af_Spy_Pro
If a Bluetooth 4.x adapter is not listed but is listed as supported on the iOS version it just means the adapter default to normal Bluetooth mode (not BLE) when connecting to an Android device.
Some OBDII adapter manufacturers choose to support BLE only when connected to iOS. When they connect to Android they switch back to the non-BLE protocol.

This makes sense because iOS does not support non-BLE Bluetooth unless it has a special chip in it approved by Apple. For Android almost all apps are expecting non-BLE. Only apps that know about BLE can use BLE.

A BLE only adapter has more limited use for Android devices since it needs a matching app that supports BLE.

The manufacturer of the dual mode Adapter (BLE:iOS, non-BLE:Android) wants to keep their Android market and expand into iOS with BLE.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 pm
by Turbo3
WetEV wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:You need to be running the latest test version of LeafSpy Pro.
Is there a expected date for the release?
Unfortunately updating the document takes me a long time as I need to set aside a large block of time in my schedule.

I will try my best to get it out this month.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:48 am
by ScubaLeaf
Hello - Looking for some guidance on this issue that has just started for me. Using Leaf Spy Pro and Leaf Logger since October without issue. I have the latest update of the Leaf Spy Pro ISO App. As of last week when I try to upload a .csv file to the Leaf Logger web site I get the standard "Upload successful!" message but then the following:

"Processed: undefined
Duplicates: undefined
Errors: undefined
Inserted: undefined"

No new data is added. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:47 pm
by krox
Can SOH and Hx be more than 100% ?! I saw the screenshots from the program, but it looked like it was Japanese cars. Why can the program show this? We have not met such indicators.
https://gyazo.com/ea3c13546a6abe74d7d5756f3f9b0640
https://gyazo.com/578ad055adf15fc14356d55ab3b8377d

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm
by cmwade77
krox wrote:Can SOH and Hx be more than 100% ?! I saw the screenshots from the program, but it looked like it was Japanese cars. Why can the program show this? We have not met such indicators.
https://gyazo.com/ea3c13546a6abe74d7d5756f3f9b0640
https://gyazo.com/578ad055adf15fc14356d55ab3b8377d
Yes they can, at least mine is, it is currently showing around 102% for SOH.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 pm
by Turbo3
krox wrote:Can SOH and Hx be more than 100% ?! I saw the screenshots from the program, but it looked like it was Japanese cars. Why can the program show this? We have not met such indicators.
https://gyazo.com/ea3c13546a6abe74d7d5756f3f9b0640
https://gyazo.com/578ad055adf15fc14356d55ab3b8377d
Keep in mind that SOH and Hx are values found many years ago by Nissan users when the Leaf first came out. This means the exact meaning and scale (range) are not know to us. Only the Nissan engineers in Japan know the exact details of these numbers. Not even Nissan service people know about these numbers.

It was assumed the max raw value started with 1 followed by all zeroes. This seemed to have been correct on earlier Leafs but now we are seeing raw values greater than this resulting in percent values greater than 100.

Since I do not know what that max value is I can not make an adjustment to limit the display to 100%. Also, if I did make such a change people who have been using LeafSpy for years and tracking these values would all of a suddenly see a drop in the percentage of these values (which naturally drop over time) just because they updated to a newer version of LeafSpy with a different maximum raw value used to convert to percentage.

So it is best to leave things as they are with some people having starting values of over 100%. As their Leafs age the values will naturally drop below 100%.

If you recall the Space Shuttle which had improved rocket engines installed they would always throttle the engines to greater than 100% (105%?) on lift off which just meant the engines had greater power than the early engines. The raw max value had changed so the max percentage needed to change to indicate greater then 100% power relative to the old engines.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 am
by krox
Thank you, Jim. Does the testimony of the program affect the fact that the Leaf of different years of production, installed different VCM units? Leaf has a Hitachi block until 2013, Leaf after 2013 has Denso. And another question. Is it possible to say that if a Leaf with a mileage of 18,500 miles, SOH 100 or 102% - then the controller of the lithium-ion battery is someone "dumped" (zeroed)?

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:43 pm
by Turbo3
krox wrote:Thank you, Jim. Does the testimony of the program affect the fact that the Leaf of different years of production, installed different VCM units? Leaf has a Hitachi block until 2013, Leaf after 2013 has Denso. And another question. Is it possible to say that if a Leaf with a mileage of 18,500 miles, SOH 100 or 102% - then the controller of the lithium-ion battery is someone "dumped" (zeroed)?
With LeafSpy Pro you can read the version number of each ECU on the service menu. LeafSpy does not make use of this information at this time.

It would be very suspicious to find a Leaf with 18,500 miles and such a high SOH value. That would indicate the data has been cleared from the BMS.

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 pm
by WetEV
Turbo3 wrote:It would be very suspicious to find a Leaf with 18,500 miles and such a high SOH value. That would indicate the data has been cleared from the BMS.
Or that the car had recently taken a few long trips with multiple QC sessions. Like mine.

Image