virol
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018
Leaf Number: 2018

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am

crunchy3d wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:Just uploaded test version 0.45.121 with fix for not logging if not reading cell pair voltages.
Still does not log if not reading cell pair voltages. @virol, anybody else confirming it?
yes checked out also the 0.45.121:

can conform that there is no logging with unchecked log Voltage cells…..
However the very first time i tried there was a new log file created but with only one logline in it and all the cell readings at 0
I reconnected some time but no mode writing fhurter to that file, then deleted that log file, did a new connect but no mode creation of a log file
when i checked then again the checkbox on of the log voltage cells, a new logfile was created and writen by data again

some communication Times with LELINK2
screen 4 5,5sec without log cell voltages and 6,5sec with
customscreen tires gauges 0,58sec
customscreen BMS gauges 0,25sec
customscreen screen3 0,95sec. BUT VENTILATORSPEED AND AIRCO MODES NOT SHOWING UP...(only shows on bottom line at the right side something that looks like "a seat")

Also remarked that with the 2018 Leaf OFF that there is NO RELAY CLICKING NOISE anymore when starting up leaf spy pro, you can see that there is communication with the LELINK2 onto the leds but there is no update at the values on the screen4

have a nice day
Last edited by virol on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

crunchy3d
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2018

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 am

virol wrote:can conform that there is no logging with unchecked log Voltage cells…..
However the very first time i tried there was a new log file created but with only one logline in it and all the cell readings at 0
Interesting. I did not get any new file. Even the empty one. Strange.

virol

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 am

crunchy3d wrote:
virol wrote:can conform that there is no logging with unchecked log Voltage cells…..
Interesting. I did not get any new file. Even the empty one. Strange.
Only get it one time, was hot able to reproduce it...….
the file holded one logline with all entrys like before, just all voltage cells where at zero value

edit:

when i think further: the created log file could be from the first time i started leaf spy pro because i started with the checkbox for log voltage cells on, and then unchecked it with the setupscreen…...

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Seems there was actually missing code so I am not sure how the iOS version worked. Logging without Cell Pair Voltages enabled should now work with test release v0.45.122.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... af_Spy_Pro

crunchy3d
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2018

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Turbo3 wrote:Seems there was actually missing code so I am not sure how the iOS version worked. Logging without Cell Pair Voltages enabled should now work with test release v0.45.122.

It works, now. Thank you very much! :)

virol

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:22 am

crunchy3d wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:Seems there was actually missing code so I am not sure how the iOS version worked. Logging without Cell Pair Voltages enabled should now work with test release v0.45.122.

It works, now. Thank you very much! :)
Hello,

did also a quick test at my 2018 leaf and must conform that logfile writing now works with 0.45.122 with unchecked log voltage cells

did some futher checks on leaf spy pro active and leaf off, the clicking relay noise is still there, my tests before where not ok, because we must wait a minute or so when setting the leaf off, before the clicking begins…… (some Power must leak away i suppose)

have a nice day

Turbo3
Gold Member

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Test Version 0.45.123 just uploaded.

- Fixed scaling problem on Battery Temperature Graph (screen 2) when using Centigrade.

- Fixed problem on certain model year Leafs where battery SOC, AHr, Voltage, current and Hx would not be displayed and showed as zero.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:35 am

Uploaded test version 0.45.124 that fixes a number of bugs put in the previous version one of which caused app to crash.

- Fixed bug that caused app to crash if no Battery Temperature data or Battery Temperature data was cleared. Result of change made to previous version.

- Removed debug code that prevented saving new Battery Temperature data.

- Corrected location where Battery Temperature Graph data is restored from external storage to internal storage.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Here is a test of two full power run on my 2011 Leaf (5 Bars lost) using the BMS custom screen and the special Recording mode that creates a .csv file of the data.

Here is the Internal resistance for the first run.

Resistance from second run.

themr23
Delivery Date: 25 Jun 2019
Leaf Number: 331711

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm

It would have been nice if the app was compatible for earlier users / earlier Leafs already configured, when the upgrades went out.
After finding stuff wasn't working I didn't have time until today to dig through the notes and then come to this forum for more info.
- I used to be able to record charge without having to switch safe mode (2014 SL). Can you make that flashing message on the chart be a 'button' to serve to toggle it?
- My logs changed the last 6 hex digits at the end of the Log and TripChrgLog filenames. When I went through the doc I must have missed the explanation of what that suffix is for.
- I used to be able to log my cells/trip even with the custom screen. Since it doesn't work, I deleted it now. I preferred my screen when getting very low, it showed just the essentials. Gids, Min cell voltage, max-min=maxcelldiff, temps.
- For a while it wasn't exiting after shutting off the car. Its now working at least most of the time, but still failed once after fixing the above items (today).
Thanks!

Return to “LEAF CANBus”