cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:21 pm

xafalcon wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:39 pm
Leafspy lite working and providing sensible data

But I'm having trouble accessing the Settings/System menu - the 3 bars at the top right hand corner of the page. I simply cannot select it no matter what I try

I'm using a samsung galaxy Note A tablet SM-T515. It's brand new. Android version 9

Any help much appreciated

I want to get Leaf Spy Pro, but I don't want to waste money if I won't be able to access the System/Setting menu in that app either
I have no Samsung Android tablet but on my Pixel 3 w/Leaf Spy Pro, there is a pretty large area you can tap to bring up that menu. If you press and hold on the background, you should see an orange box showing the hittable area.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend buying any Android tablet, but that's a different issue. Generally, non-Google branded devices are rather behind on picking the latest version of Android (if they ever receive it) and security updates. From https://source.android.com/security/bulletin, they seem to come out about once a month. My Pixel 3 is on Android 10 (which has been out since Sept 2019) and receives monthly security updates.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Pomonabill220
Delivery Date: 03 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 300393

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm

xafalcon wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:18 pm
Thanks both, hopefully getting closer to resolving and then getting a Leaf spy Pro

Is "turbos' email = WattsLeft.meter@gmail.com

If not, what is Turbos email?

Remember, I can't access settings / setup screens so if it's in there, I can't get to it

Thanks again
That's it! He may respond within the day, or it may be a couple of days, but he WILL respond. Just treat him with respect and he will do the same to you. He is a great resource and know the Leaf very well.

xafalcon
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Thanks once again for helping the newby. Hopefully Turbo is able to assist

Return to “LEAF CANBus”