Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 2011
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 pm

garygid wrote: The second had 7 DTCs, in 3 different controller units.
Choosing the desired radio button did not work very well,
with something like 3 out of 4 touches doing nothing.
I missed this one at first but I just had it happen to me when the Leaf 12v battery started to die while testing and I got 13 DTCs from 6 ECUs.

Like Gary reported I had a really hard time selecting an ECU.

Just found the bug and fixed it.

garsh
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 am
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:42 am

Turbo3 wrote:Just tap the little light bulb in lower left corner to force night mode.
It's not sticky though, right?
So I have to tap it at startup every time?

Can we instead choose the default mode before a connection is made based on something simple like time-of-day?
2012 Black SV, bought 2012-04-04, sold 2019-05-10. 7 bars, 101,850 miles.
Current rides: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2018 Chevrolet Volt LT

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14875
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 am

garsh wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:Just tap the little light bulb in lower left corner to force night mode.
It's not sticky though, right?
So I have to tap it at startup every time?

Can we instead choose the default mode before a connection is made based on something simple like time-of-day?
mine stays on night mode... all black background right? i leave it there all the time...looks better i think
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 11,333.1 mi, 93.73% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kubel
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 am
Leaf Number: 19628
Location: Southeast Michigan

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:31 am

Two ways I use that DTE calculator:

1) Set the miles/kWh to whatever is showing on the dash and then determine DTE. Most users probably do this. It would be nice to have the DTE calculator (lower right of screen 4) have the option to pull from current mileage (either dash figure if available through OBDII, or maybe an app-calculated 5-minute history miles/kWh figure) so it doesn't have to be adjusted all the time.

2) Change the miles/kWh until the DTE reads the number of miles that I need to travel until I reach my destination, then adjust energy use (speed, heater, acceleration) to keep miles/kWh at or above that figure. This method works well in the winter, or any other time I'm really stretching the battery.
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
20% degradation in 42k miles
Leased 5-17-2012, Returned 1-15-2016


2017 Chevy Volt LT
Siren Red Tintcoat
Leased 10-21-2016

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 2011
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:59 pm

garsh wrote:Request: when first starting the app, can we have the display default to night mode until it detects the ELM?

Otherwise, I'm stuck with a really bright display until it makes a connection, which is not ideal in the dark.
I have added a "Default Night Mode" to the bottom of the Settings/Screen panel to control the initial Night setting until the Leaf Headlight status is read.

Image

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14875
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm

since the last update both my ahr and health have stayed the same. not sure if i should be concerned about a possible bug or be happy that my pack has reached a point of stability for the first time since i got the app?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 11,333.1 mi, 93.73% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turbo3
Gold Member
Posts: 2011
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:52 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:since the last update both my ahr and health have stayed the same. not sure if i should be concerned about a possible bug or be happy that my pack has reached a point of stability for the first time since i got the app?
You need to be on Screen 1 or have logging enabled for those values to be updated.

So if you normally run the app on screen 4 with logging off then exit your Leaf so you are out of BT range and switch to Screen 1 it will not be showing the current values for AHr or SOC.

I just checked my latest versions of Lite and Pro that I will be releasing and both AHr and Hx changed from their previous values (57.53/84.66% to 57.50/84.59%). SOH changes so slowly it will takes weeks or months to see a change.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14875
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Turbo3 wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:since the last update both my ahr and health have stayed the same. not sure if i should be concerned about a possible bug or be happy that my pack has reached a point of stability for the first time since i got the app?
You need to be on Screen 1 or have logging enabled for those values to be updated.

So if you normally run the app on screen 4 with logging off then exit your Leaf so you are out of BT range and switch to Screen 1 it will not be showing the current values for AHr or SOC.

I just checked my latest versions of Lite and Pro that I will be releasing and both AHr and Hx changed from their previous values (57.53/84.66% to 57.50/84.59%). SOH changes so slowly it will takes weeks or months to see a change.
I am usually on screen one and logging "should be" enabled...at least it was before the update. have not really looked at it lately but I generally bounce from screen one to 4 several times during a session.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 11,333.1 mi, 93.73% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Boomer23
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:05 pm

I have a suggestion for an upgrade. Not sure if this has been discussed or suggested before or not.

I'd like the app to be able to display regen kW and include a resettable Max Regen kW field. I know that Gary et al found the code for regen and power kW and included those readouts in the original Gidmeter. The purpose of this feature would be to assess regen strength objectively. There has been much discussion about reduced regen after recent LEAF firmware updates. The relative regen strengths between 2013 LEAFs and the older models has also been of interest.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
TomT
Posts: 10649
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360
Location: California, now Georgia
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App)

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:32 am

I'm not sure that the BT update rate is fast enough for this to be any great value...
Boomer23 wrote:I'd like the app to be able to display regen kW and include a resettable Max Regen kW field.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Tesla Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”